Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Status of the Trop ?

yes well they loose players to people who go for the bad beat...that is what I am saying. Less people go there but there are still lots of people who go. They need to do some kind of promotion to bring people back. Otherwise they will be lacking new players.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:59 PM

Personally I feel that a large percentage of the Trop's players have moved to Ceasars. That room at say 12:00 on a Fri/Sat night will have a 1-2 wait list of 30 players.

I used to play exclusively at the Taj but I feel the action is better at Ceasars. The things the tourists do at those tables are unbelieveable. Besides, I think I just got tired of seeing the same old faces; the JoJos of the world if you will.

This is coming from a once a week AC player (mostly weekends) for the past 3 years.

Personally I love the Bad Beat Jackpot at the Harrah's properties. Maybe its cause I won one once at the Commerce (4th hand deal, 1st hand playing in CA live poker ever), but for a $1 a pot it at the least provides a minimum of entertainment value when it does come close to hitting.

Just my two cents.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:17 PM

i used to play the trop 2/5 an 5/10 regularly and ive stayed at the trop many times.. not the nicest place in AC but their bathrooms are fine. I wasnt eating dinner in the bathroom so it was all good. They give you bottom of the line liquor no matter what u ask for and ppl dont even notice which is funny... ie people will be like 'can i have a remy martin and coke' or 'hennesy and oj' over and over and not notice that its the cheap stuff. other than that , trop is cool.. good mix of players, always action-- dont know what other dude was talking about.. there is always action at the trop.

i agree tho they need some promotions .. some better tournament action.. but their comps are good for their poker players. they give you cheap poker rooms (rooms right above the pokerroom) and you can get the price dramatically reduced for playing long hours.. especially if you like other games besides poker

-slipp3ry ,
in defence of the trop