Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: $11 A10 on broadway flop

Limping here pre is fine if you think you a vpip of 20 is good in early levels, Or if you really like spewing chips and having to shove 1000 chips at 50/100 while not remembering where you lost all of the chips.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:42 PM

I don't mind the limp. A raise will push out most hands you want in, smaller spaids, smaller As, etc.

A couple lols:

-Huge implied odds lol...it's a sng, you never have huge implied odds. Average stack at this blind level is like 50bbs.

-Outplay people multiway lol...if by outplay, you mean out flop/turn/or river ok. But how are you outplaying multiple people to the flop? You going to get them to fold better hands? That'll mean you have to be raising complete air to fold out weak made hadns, cause TP never goes away in pots like this.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind the limp. A raise will push out most hands you want in, smaller spaids, smaller As, etc.

A couple lols:

-Huge implied odds lol...it's a sng, you never have huge implied odds. Average stack at this blind level is like 50bbs.

-Outplay people multiway lol...if by outplay, you mean out flop/turn/or river ok. But how are you outplaying multiple people to the flop? You going to get them to fold better hands? That'll mean you have to be raising complete air to fold out weak made hadns, cause TP never goes away in pots like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not sure if this directed at me, but i never said anything about implied odds. what i mean by outplaying them is simple, im going to play better than them. im going to extract max value out of Ax that wont fold when i make a hand, and im going to fold my hand when its beat. not that this is always true, but i think it is nearly always true at this level.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:19 PM

I do not mind a limp if we are co/button. Outside of that I am more inclined to let it go pre.
As played raise the flop more and the turn shove is standard.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not mind a limp if we are co/button. Outside of that I am more inclined to let it go pre.
As played raise the flop more and the turn shove is standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much agree but I don't mind flop raise. As I think it sets up for a goot push blank turn.

As I play I'm not seeing a flop. Also I limp AQ early from EP in a SNG. This is what i expect to see often from the EP limpers.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A couple lols:

[/ QUOTE ]

im not sure if this directed at me, but i never said anything about implied odds. what i mean by outplaying them is simple, im going to play better than them. im going to extract max value out of Ax that wont fold when i make a hand, and im going to fold my hand when its beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're not. You're going to push with it when it's beat. You've already told us you have this problem, so fold pre.

Me, I limp it. I just don't fall in love with it.