Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: $11 Deepstack Interesting Hand

so to avoid all that i would suggest the c bet, fold if reraised, and continue cautiously if not line..
Old 09-22-2007, 04:55 PM

i think that this has been Hero's default move, to bet, and bet aggressively -- read the OP.

Had the OP not made the point of discussing Hero's table image, then yes, a c-bet is the best play.

However, if Villain is sitting there saying, "oh boy, I can't wait for this LAGtard to bet so I can CR the piss out of him," then the best play is to take the free card that Villain is offering.

Checking behind here achieves a few objectives:

First, we get a free card to hit our OESD, and if we hit and Villain was waiting to CR, then we get paid.

Second, if Villain was waiting to CR, we save chips

Third, we get to change gears and make our play less predictable to our opponents
Old 09-22-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
checking behind u will usually get a weak lead from villain here on the turn that u should probably reraise

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why we should RR a lead on the turn from Villain. Are we RRing Villain on ANY turn bet? What if the board pairs?

Your reasoning works in a vacuum, however the poster has offered some context in which I feel that c-betting here is a less than optimal play.

Also, is it possible for you to include all your thoughts in one post, as opposed to like 4 posts for one thought?
Old 09-22-2007, 05:16 PM

anyone question the RR of the under the gun limp? If I'm UTG with a monster I may smoothcall and look to let you do the work...I like a check behind so as not to get blown off a strong draw...you can always wake up and lead the turn but I like checking in this spot
Old 09-22-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone question the RR of the under the gun limp? If I'm UTG with a monster I may smoothcall and look to let you do the work...I like a check behind so as not to get blown off a strong draw...you can always wake up and lead the turn but I like checking in this spot

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG was like 38/15 or something like that. I had been raising tons of his limps. I was fairly confident this was not a monster.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer the raise this deep. I want to play big pots in position this deep...regardless of my cards.