Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Weekly NFL thread?

With the locked sticky nobody can comment on it.

I think voting "yes" is better than "no" but it should be inbetween.

The problem is, all games would clutter a thread. The forums are fine now with seperate discussion for each game. ALl 15 games a week arent going to have their own threads. Maybe 2 or 3 marquee games will and the rest of the discussions would flow in the weekly threads.

My #1 point all along has been to get rid of individuals' threads. This covers the stupid lock of the week posts, donk parlays, the tout posts, one liner posts about something stupid not warranting its own thread, and generates more discussion and hopefully strategy and insight pertaining to current games.

A mix of a weekly thread and big game threads would be optimal. Just have the focus of the forum on the games themselves, not the posters.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:23 AM

2p2 does not allow unlocked stickies. So i've got to do it like this -- discussion here, vote there...
Old 09-20-2007, 12:25 AM

yea, I worded my post poorly, carry on!
Old 09-20-2007, 12:57 AM

I voted no because
[ QUOTE ]
The problem is, all games would clutter a thread. The forums are fine now with seperate discussion for each game. ALl 15 games a week arent going to have their own threads. Maybe 2 or 3 marquee games will and the rest of the discussions would flow in the weekly threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

On your other point Boot I somewhat agree with you
[ QUOTE ]
My #1 point all along has been to get rid of individuals' threads. This covers the stupid lock of the week posts, donk parlays, the tout posts, one liner posts about something stupid not warranting its own thread, and generates more discussion and hopefully strategy and insight pertaining to current games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see one thread dedicated to those who choose to post picks instead of each individual creating their own. I think it would be a PIA for Performify to get everyone to comply though. And really, although these threads do clutter the board somewhat, it's not that hard to scan past them(we don't have OOT traffic)and those with minimal replies fall to the bottom pretty quickly.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:20 AM

I think it's pointless to change anything. There isn't really that much traffic on this forum. I check the site once a day and it takes me about 5-10 minutes to get caught up on the things I want to read. Obviously there are some terrible posts but changing the format is not going to change that. I think limiting people to one thread per sport per week is fine.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2p2 does not allow unlocked stickies. So i've got to do it like this -- discussion here, vote there...

[/ QUOTE ]

There are currently 2 unlocked stickies at the top of the Books/Pubs forum although Mason probably doesn't know about the policy.

I did not know that 'no unlocked stickes' was an absolute rule though. Knew it was mostly agreed upon that it's not a good idea...but didn't know it was a specific rule.