Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Re: 50nl: Bad stack off with bottom set?

Bet the flop, a check raise looks so strong on that board. If the villain has any sense he'll fold TP. You're most likely to be ahead so get your moneys in now, and hope for a raise from anyone with Ax etc. As played I'd happily stack off here.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I went for what felt like 80k hands without set over

[/ QUOTE ]

wow
enjoy upcoming variance );

[/ QUOTE ]

yea how is this possible? I honestly think the majority of the time I hit a set someone else also hits one, not necessarily higher but hits one.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop, a check raise looks so strong on that board. If the villain has any sense he'll fold TP. You're most likely to be ahead so get your moneys in now, and hope for a raise from anyone with Ax etc. As played I'd happily stack off here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also would bet the flop, there r good chances that u get paid off by AQ AK..wouldnt check that flop [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2007, 12:47 PM

I think this is a good spot to lead with a set. Three roughly 2/3 pot size bets will leave you all in by the showdown. Anyone with a decent ace will find it very hard to lay down here because without any raises going in he learns very little infomation about your hand. Obviously if he raises himself then jackpot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

By checking a street you make it far more difficult to to get stacks in without a raise going in. And when a raise goes in you are representing a big hand and possibly give villain a chance to escape from his ace.

If set over set happens then hard luck. On ace high flops especially a low set is good 99% of the time when stack go in.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you don't have bottom set. i bet the flop cause you're getting paid by AK here. this is not a spot to fold 555. ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-19-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea how is this possible? I honestly think the majority of the time I hit a set someone else also hits one, not necessarily higher but hits one.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's because most of the time you flop a set, cbet, and get no action... you usually only get action in uNL when someone else has a big hand/draw, so those are the hands you remember.