Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Re: STAT POST: my first 10k hands at 1/2

I don't doubt that most players experience that. I just wanted to share my experience of not experince that shift in AF so far. My AF has always been around 1.6-1.8.

Edit: Thought of this while making panncakes and it could be that because my natural style is somewhat passive and I always been something of SD-monkey, my game is better suited to the games at the games above 1/2. In retrospective since my WR has been pretty constant moving from 0.5/1 to 3/6 it indicates that I didn't crush those microgames the way I could. If my WR will keep staying constant if I move up further it sure would be great!

BTW Anyone know what kind of AF does most winning highstakes players have?
Old 09-19-2007, 11:16 AM

The rake is getting less of an issue as you move up though.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't doubt that most players experience that. I just wanted to share my experience of not experince that shift in AF so far. My AF has always been around 1.6-1.8.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO the optimal AF is different depending on what style you play. If you play 30/20 an AF of 1.8 is OK even at lower stakes.
If you play 24/16 an AF of 1.8 is way too low.

It is my belief that playing 30/20 is a better style in 10/20 games and above and that a 24/17 style is a better style at 3/6 and below.
Therefore I agree with Oink that our AF should decrease the higher stakes we play, generally speaking.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:20 PM

IMO you arenīt checkraising nearly enough. I think a CR% of >2 is a must.
Checkraising often gives us the best of both worlds if our opponents are even moderately aggressive.
It gives us a lot of value and we induces a lot of bluffs.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing I am pretty sure of is: The higher the stakes the lower your AF should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

A stat post I made a while ago drew responses that I wasn't showing down enough and letting people bluff. This was true and I've been trying to call more. I was just raising/folding depending upon my (crappy) reads.

I was 23/15/3 or so and have been trying to call more and raise less to induce some bluffs.

I used to kill the micros for 7 or 8bb/100 over large sameples, but my WR has dropped to -7 or -8bb/100 for $5/10. I don't think I've adjusted well to the more aggro games at the higher small stakes.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:36 AM

What stakes are you reffering to kimchi when you say you moved from micro to 5/10? And what do you think a large sample is?
Old 09-20-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO the optimal AF is different depending on what style you play. If you play 30/20 an AF of 1.8 is OK even at lower stakes.
If you play 24/16 an AF of 1.8 is way too low.

It is my belief that playing 30/20 is a better style in 10/20 games and above and that a 24/17 style is a better style at 3/6 and below.
Therefore I agree with Oink that our AF should decrease the higher stakes we play, generally speaking.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does a 17% pf raise equate to?
Is it close to the starting recommendations on beat6maxdotcom ?