Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: bad beat for canadians

Living under a Bush regime = beat
Old 09-18-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only way it could be a beat is if you deposited a huge amount like 5 years ago and still have yet to cash anything out. A good rule is to cash everything out every month, and then re-deposit and get the reload bonuses. If your leaving money in your account for more than a month your a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

question. What level do you play?
Old 09-18-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only way it could be a beat is if you deposited a huge amount like 5 years ago and still have yet to cash anything out. A good rule is to cash everything out every month, and then re-deposit and get the reload bonuses. If your leaving money in your account for more than a month your a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess any decent mid-high stakes player is a moron then

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you might be the stupidest person on 2+2

seriously

p.s. the canadian loonie isn't doing great - it's that the american dollar is a [censored] joke

[ QUOTE ]
Ummm, this is a brag, not a beat. Play higher limits if you want more money. Our economy is better, and therefore our dollar is worth more.....
Living in the US = beat

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah if you want more money just move up in limits, morans.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

level? Why would I not leave money in my account? Am I supposed to stop playing for 1+ week every month while my money goes back and forth and I lose ~4% to currency exchange fees?

This is a beat for winning poker players because poker income is in $USD and spending currency is CAD. Thus, real income from a winning poker player who wins at the same rate as he did 1 year ago has dropped by 5-10%.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

level? Why would I not leave money in my account? Am I supposed to stop playing for 1+ week every month while my money goes back and forth and I lose ~4% to currency exchange fees?

This is a beat for winning poker players because poker income is in $USD and spending currency is CAD. Thus, real income from a winning poker player who wins at the same rate as he did 1 year ago has dropped by 5-10%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I use moneybookers.com. Much like neteller, there are no fee's for deposits and withdrawls. And most of the transfers are instant so I can cash $3000 out of party and move it to UB in a day. If you think the US dolla is going to continue to drop, why have any of your funds in US dollars if you can help it? I understand that most people dont empty their accounts every month for various reasons, but if you can, why not take advantage of every bonus you can get? I never play on the same site more than a few months at a time to not let the players get a read on you as well. It seems silly for a player to play at the same site all the time when there are so many out there to choose from (even for americans)

Again, only if you deposited years ago, without cashing out, will the fact that the looney is up on the US dollar hurt you.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:28 PM

Thank god neteller shut us out. I had a US$ account there. Had to transfer it all over to other wallets, and I can only get CAN$ accounts with MB and C2P.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I use moneybookers.com. Much like neteller, there are no fee's for deposits and withdrawls. And most of the transfers are instant so I can cash $3000 out of party and move it to UB in a day. If you think the US dolla is going to continue to drop, why have any of your funds in US dollars if you can help it? I understand that most people dont empty their accounts every month for various reasons, but if you can, why not take advantage of every bonus you can get? I never play on the same site more than a few months at a time to not let the players get a read on you as well. It seems silly for a player to play at the same site all the time when there are so many out there to choose from (even for americans)

Again, only if you deposited years ago, without cashing out, will the fact that the looney is up on the US dollar hurt you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] moran
Old 09-18-2007, 04:52 PM

Same [censored] with Danish kronas. It used to be $1=6.8DKK now it's only 5.3DKK. Oh and 4 years ago it was $1=~8DKK. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]