Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Party Poker Stock

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone ever considered buying a couple hundred shares of party gaming in the hopes that one day theyll be allowed back in the US?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no one has ever made an investment in the hope that they will get future growth.

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like one day this'll happen, maybe not soon, but eventually. The stock is only .44 cents right now, theres really not much room for it to go down, i think its a worthy risk, what do you guys think.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that if this post is reflective of your investment strategy you have bigger problems in life than purchasing partypoker stock.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:14 PM

This is party's stock graph since they were first being tracked over 2yrs ago, I found it here.

http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/...%2Fintchart.asp

Old 09-18-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hand 15k pls
Old 09-19-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, no one has ever made an investment in the hope that they will get future growth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone ver made a totally idiotic post adding nothing to the subject and mindlessly bashing the OP for no reason whatsoever?

[ QUOTE ]
I think that if this post is reflective of your investment strategy you have bigger problems in life than purchasing partypoker stock.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if this post is reflective of your posting strategy you have much bigger problems in life than the OP.

Oh wait a minute someone made a post mentioning another site besides PS, you have to bash them mindlessly, it's in your contract.

Getting away from that crap and actually adding something of worth to the thread I'd say that Partygaming despite pulling out of the USA will still be expected to pay BACK taxes on past profits to the IRS on re entry to the USA market. The low price of the stock I think reflects that fear.
It's a very risky stock but has a big upside if it breaks ground in new markets.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh wait a minute someone made a post mentioning another site besides PS, you have to bash them mindlessly, it's in your contract.

[/ QUOTE ]
huh? I mostly play at Party...

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say that Partygaming despite pulling out of the USA will still be expected to pay BACK taxes on past profits to the IRS on re entry to the USA market. The low price of the stock I think reflects that fear.
It's a very risky stock but has a big upside if it breaks ground in new markets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am surprised to hear of your comments on back taxes. I would have thought that a foreign company, operating in a foreign location, would not have much of an obligation to pay US taxes.

To take another, more concrete hypothetical example - If I (an Australian company for these purposes) sell a book here in Australia to a US resident + citizen, I would not be expected to pay US taxes on it.

This should be regardless of whether:
a) I post the book to him
b) I give the book to him here in Australia and then he takes it back to the US
c) I give the book to his agent, who then takes the book to the US.

In the case of electronic transactions on the internet, it may come down to a question of where the transaction is actually taking place - and the most obvious location is wherever the servers are located.

By way of comparison, PartyPoker, which operates in Gilbratar, presumably does not need to pay taxes to Gilbratar, the UK, and every single jurisdiction where they have customers. The idea of a company having to file taxes on the basis of the location of your customers is an extraordinary imposition on a company - is the consequence of your thinking that they really need to submit 140 tax returns to 140 nations every year?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Getting away from that crap and actually adding something of worth to the thread I'd say that Partygaming despite pulling out of the USA will still be expected to pay BACK taxes on past profits to the IRS on re entry to the USA market. The low price of the stock I think reflects that fear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. What a concept.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hand 15k pls

[/ QUOTE ]

I like what happened after May subsequent to their stiffing all their affilates and rakeback players. It was a foolish move that put into question their credibility.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone ever considered buying a couple hundred shares of party gaming in the hopes that one day theyll be allowed back in the US?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like one day this'll happen, maybe not soon, but eventually. The stock is only .44 cents right now, theres really not much room for it to go down, i think its a worthy risk, what do you guys think.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this post is a reflection of your attitude toward people you disagree with, i not only pity you, i have no respect for you
Old 09-19-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hand 15k pls

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. NH sir.