Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: 50nl - AQ UTG

3bet flop.
As played, I probably CRAI turn. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2007, 07:58 PM

I'm pretty sure 3betting flop or c/rai turn gets us into one of those "only better hands call" spots. I guess he might talk himself into calling a turn shove with Adxd but that's about it. The fact that Adxd is a large part of his range also makes 3bet/fold flop a terrible play, as he can easily shove on us.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:10 PM

A normal unknown villain wouldn't shove a smaller Ace. He would call or fold to the 3bet.

Your donk betting is horrible and confusing. Keep it simple, 3bet flop, fold to push, if called look to get money in on turn.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:16 PM

i hate 3beting flop/folding to a shove. villains unknown, he could easily shove a FD/weaker ace/better ace/2pair/set.

giving him a range of 99,55,A9s+,A5s,KdQd,QdJd,JdTd,8d7d,7d6d,AJo+

we're a 45/55 dog but add in the times hes just testing the water with some other crap, or bluffing with air we're prolly ahead on the flop, but its close.

if you call he'll prolly give up with all his bluffs/under pairs etc. that leaves just the ax's, FD's, 2pairs/sets.

if you 3bet i think you have to be willing to call a shove else your just throwing away money. im not really happy about getting it ai on the flop vs an unknown. EDIT: got confused, htought we were shoving. if he calls our 3bet id say we're a 60/40 dog, but with all the dead money i guess shoving a blank turn is ok.

if he made a real flop raise then you obv cant call and c/f turn. but a minraise can be so many things. i really dont think calling the flop raise then c/f this turn is that bad. once he bets the turn again i dont think you're in great shape. you're def behind his range, but it might be close enough with all the dead money that folding could be a mistake. c/c turn is an option but i hate playing so passively oop
Old 09-17-2007, 09:39 PM

I realize this is non-standard, but what about check/call flop, donk a non- [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] turn? Plan is to fold to a turn raise. If Villain bets flop, calls turn, we check/call most river cards. This line does risk giving a free card, but it achieves some pot control.

I don't really like lines that get three postflop bets in only to fold to a shove....
Old 09-18-2007, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A normal unknown villain wouldn't shove a smaller Ace. He would call or fold to the 3bet.

Your donk betting is horrible and confusing. Keep it simple, 3bet flop, fold to push, if called look to get money in on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, wow.

Making a play that keeps you from stacking off against hands that beat you while still getting full value from the ones that don't is "horrible", but turning TPGK into a bluff on a good flop against an uknown is "simple".
Old 09-18-2007, 04:51 AM

Push turn as played IMO. You can be called by worse hand. Or call and call non diamond river. Folding after calling flop is spew. Waste of that call at least. He's betting some amount on turn like 98% of the time. So, you need to either fold flop or call/raise turn. Or raise flop. I like the call a little more though.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, wow.

Making a play that keeps you from stacking off against hands that beat you while still getting full value from the ones that don't is "horrible", but turning TPGK into a bluff on a good flop against an uknown is "simple".

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you understand now.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:35 AM

Turn is either bet (2/3-3/4 not some stupid small amount btw) and fold to a raise; or check/raise.

Against an unknown without stats/reads I might go for bet/fold.

Also - only 3-bet flop if you are willing to call a push. Never 'raise for info' intending to fold to a push (unless u raise with air as a bluff).
Old 09-18-2007, 09:45 AM

If u call his raise on the flop to check a turn blank , its to check-raise him All-in.

So i just shove in this spot.Maybe its close but when its close i always want to be on the aggro side of the 50-50 decision because thats my style , im not sure if its clear but i hope u understand what i mean.