Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: AQo deep flop good

goof,
I just don't see a tremendous amount of hands that call a c/r that we really beat. Maybe stuff like K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Qx or like hands that have near even equity (K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K)> Also, c/r-ing this flop leaves me in a nasty spot on a blank turn I think. I can definitely see the benefits of c/r-ing but I'm not so sure there aren't better flop lines.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:55 PM

goofy, why do you think c/r > c/c?
Old 09-17-2007, 11:03 PM

I can see advantages/disadvantages for all. c/c-ing isn't as great, we gain minimal value from K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and sometimes one more street vs. a set.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can see advantages/disadvantages for all. c/c-ing isn't as great, we gain minimal value from K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and sometimes one more street vs. a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, he isnt calling with the lone Ks w/o a pair too often, not too many combos there. With a set i'd imagine he'd just jam the flop, and we would be getting it in with bad equity.

I can't see too much worse calling on this flop.

im voting c/c, if we c/c and hit our flush it's a great bluffing card for villain.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:09 PM

I think your image has to be very good for checkraising to be a good plan here. I like leading and lead a lot of hands on this board.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
goof,
I just don't see a tremendous amount of hands that call a c/r that we really beat. Maybe stuff like K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Qx or like hands that have near even equity (K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K)> Also, c/r-ing this flop leaves me in a nasty spot on a blank turn I think. I can definitely see the benefits of c/r-ing but I'm not so sure there aren't better flop lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? People only call c/r's with TPTK or better on this sick drawy board? Why are we not check-raising almost any two then?
Old 09-17-2007, 11:14 PM

I don't really see what other hands he's calling with given stacks. I'm not so sure he'll call with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 or J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Jx. As Jam said, I think that I have to have a pretty [censored] image to c/r here. (while I don't have the best image, I don't think it's going to get me 3 streets vs. JJ and the like).
Old 09-17-2007, 11:18 PM

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.75/$1.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $305.05
BB: $149.55
UTG: $142.75
CO: $355.85
BTN: $304.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $1.50, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $6.75</font>, Hero calls $6.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($16.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $13</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $47</font>

If someone posts this hand, you really think all the responses are "yeah, this looks good, there's not much he can call you with on this board?" Sure, you don't have the As and there's one more queen out there, but you think if the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or TPTK+ are the minimum requirements for him to continue here then he's still folding plenty often.

I think he's peeling J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] here ALL DAY and most nights also, probably even leap years.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:25 PM

Sure...but do you want to turn AQ into a bluff? Seems that's what you're getting at. With 22, our hand has 0 SD value, 0 possibility to improve (well, maybe the other 2), in other words our hand is air (as you well know).

I think I would rather c/r with total air (ie. 22) or a very strong hand (ie. flush/set). I think that A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] falls right in the middle of those two spectrums.

I think we should decide whether our hand is a good enough to play 200bbs with...because I'm not sure if I do or not.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
goof,
I just don't see a tremendous amount of hands that call a c/r that we really beat. Maybe stuff like K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Qx or like hands that have near even equity (K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K)&gt; Also, c/r-ing this flop leaves me in a nasty spot on a blank turn I think. I can definitely see the benefits of c/r-ing but I'm not so sure there aren't better flop lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, why do you want him to call? I just want to get one bet out of him in general, or make it look like we're pulling a move and he looks us up. It's not like we're a lock here.

If he calls, I probably c/r the turn for the same reason.