Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Do you call these ?? 11$ NLTRN

1. fold you are losing to everything that isn't a pure bluff. you can call against the right opponent but mostly fold.

2. call! [censored] fold. idk, that's tough. at first glance i thought it was a clear call, but looking again i think he has the nutzz

3. this i call in a fawking hart beet. maybe its spew? but it looks like an overpair to me.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:44 AM

1. easy fold
2. I call but its a very very close call. Looks like nuts=flush
3. easy call

sorry you lost all three hands thats poker...
Old 09-18-2007, 10:19 AM

Ok here are the results plus my thinking during every hand:

Hand 1 :

- The minraise was probably because of the flow of the game, he was folding alot, so it wouldve had the same effect as a 125$ raise.

- The flop is a nice one, the cbet is to fold any completely missed hand, to be called by a PP, a 6 , or a flush draw.

- The reason i checked the turn is, i have TOO strong of a hand against almost everything but a 6 or 33. If he was on a flush draw i wanted him to make it or if he had a PP he has 2 outs, if he has a 6 i gave myself the chance to hit the flush.

- I felt i had to call his river bet, although i felt i was beat, i was losing to a 6, 33 or A with a better kicker, but beating a missed straight or flush draw and any PP other than 33

Villain showed : 6d9d.

Hand 2: The 10 on the river didnt really influence my decision, but i thought the bet was big ( Not TOO big, VERY big bets tend to be the nuts) but still it was more than i would think he would bet for value with a set, i called.

villain showed Kc7c.

Hand 3: folded on the turn , just thought his line was too weird and although 82 was two pair but still i was either crushed or way ahead, just wasnt worth the gamble early on.

Thx for posting.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:16 PM

I think in hand 1 it is very depended on the read, If villain is prone to bluff when I show weakness, then it an easy call. If villain is typical LP I really weigh more toward folding though I have to take into account the recent hand history. Overall I think a 6 is possible but not the most likely holding, I would guess that it would be likely another Ace.

In hand 2 This I am calling more confidently I may even raise. I think villain's most likely holding is some random 2 pair that he hit on the river QT 3T even another AT. We might even see KJ here but in that case I would just make sure to play against this villain anytime I can.

In hand 3 I think you are probably up against some 1 pair hand afraid of the draw and you are a favorite against the range of hands that villain is doing this with so its an easy push
Old 09-18-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't even hesitate to call any of these.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would snap-call all three of these as well, but one of the things I'm trying to evaluate is whether I'm calling too much when I'm beat, and hand #1 and hand #3 have both seen responses ranging from easy call to easy fold.

xSCWx and ChicagoRy, would you mind going into a little more detail on why you call the first and third hands? What sort of situations would you fold these hands, and how much do the stakes matter? Are you still making all three calls in a $55? A $220?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:31 PM

I'm trying to cut back on my posting bc I owe a Poo Bah post very soon (lol)... but...

Hand 1 I see way too many stabs after you check the turn to fold with my hand given the pot odds. You're ahead here over 50% of the time against most villains in my eyes. If you're not ahead you'll know it bc villain will never attempt to bluff, this is one of the most common lines to take to induce a bluff and a common board texture for a lot of villains to bluff. A call is very easy for me here, I doubt OP posts it if villain never bluffs bc then it's an easy fold.

The third hand is the closest of all of them IMO, but I still think you're ahead of a lot of player's ranges. You're going to see stupidly played overpairs from low level players here quite a bit as well. He's not a good player because he's shoving in this spot early on in the game, so anybody that keeps saying "he's probably solid, winner on SS" really doesn't get it. You can argue this one either way but I personally call and I think I win over 50% of the time in an 11 vs a random opponent that does this. People can argue "if he's that bad wait" but passing up on opportunities in games when you're not sure is a very bad habit to get into as you move up in turbos, players only get more aggressive and taking +EV edges early on is very important. If this were a regular speed you could probably pick a better spot bc you have 20 minutes of low blinds compared to 10 in the turbo. I still think it's a call but I won't fault anybody for saying it's a fold because you think villain is that tight to where his range is ahead of your hand, I just think you beat too many hands here from an idiot and you'll see an overpair a lot more often than you'd think.