Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Re: HELP! Totally Lost

I would seriously consider hiring a coach. You can get a good coach for around 150/hr and if you wanna spend a little more you can get a GREAT coach.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:34 PM

I have played about 20K hands at 2/4 and I have a win rate of .15 ptbb/100.

Thank you for all the replies. I have trouble with putting my oponnent on a range of hands with only some hud numbers.

How do you even start to consider what your oponnent is holding when all he has done is a) call your PFR in POS ( or out OOP ) or b) has just raised your PFR when you are a 20/12 and he is a 20/18 or c) your raised PF with JJ and your continuation bet is CR on a Q48 rainbow or coordinate flop ?

I guess its these close marginal decisions that hurt me at 1/2 and 2/4.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:08 PM

You know, I'd advise you to stop thinking so much and base everything on stats. This site swears by PokerTracker stats, and sure it's definitely a great tool, but how do live players and non-PT-installed players online win? These players exist at every limit level and they still win. It's by observing. There's 10 hands you can backread at each Pokerstars table before you sit down, then you can observe more. That's enough hands to pick up tendencies of at least half the players on the table. How do you play JJ against some guy in a raised pot with rainbow flop? I'm sure you don't need PT to observe and see what he's done in other raised pots before. I do agree you seem to be playing scared. If you are unsure, like I said, just play your strong hands stronger and throw away the average hands. After you got comfortable with that(which can't lose you money but won't win you much against good players), your image is tight enough for you to be able to execute some bluffs here and there. Show the bluffs a few times and then play your stronger hands even stronger like huge bluffs. This is the same game 2/4 vs 1/2.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:51 PM

just be a huge nit - this will work all the way up to about 25 50. while you are being a nit watch and learn from players at your table who are good. also - play like 3-4 tables only.