Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 11:25 AM

Default Re: AA

[ QUOTE ]
reraise bigger, around 2

[/ QUOTE ]

his reraise is fine imo.
almost 5x original raise is enough, you still want callers.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:43 AM

Damn that sucks. I had almost the exact same thing happen; I had KK, raised and went heads up with someone to the flop, and then stupidly went all in when it was my turn. Dude flopped the nut straight [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2007, 12:09 PM

ban please
Old 09-17-2007, 12:49 PM

lol..it's funny..almost the exact same hand happened to me this weekend at a b&M. After the session a professional that I have come to be friends with and I were discussing the situation(huge bets or reraises in pots that were raised preflop when the flop comes off like that) and he told me that these kinds of lay-downs are a must.

The next day sure enough he lays down KK in the exact same situation and the villian show the set. I don't know..I just don't think I can do it.

BTW...he's been a pro for 30 years so I can't argue with him.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:56 PM

I bet that the flop he folded KK on was different or he had a solid read.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol..it's funny..almost the exact same hand happened to me this weekend at a b&M. After the session a professional that I have come to be friends with and I were discussing the situation(huge bets or reraises in pots that were raised preflop when the flop comes off like that) and he told me that these kinds of lay-downs are a must.

The next day sure enough he lays down KK in the exact same situation and the villian show the set. I don't know..I just don't think I can do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not a very good professional if the hands he was talking about are like the one in the OP here. If he's really gotten by for 30 years then you are misunderstanding him most likely and applying it to the wrong flops.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand was played at NL10. On higher limits you're right it's definately a fold. Here it's not.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's not a very good professional if the hands he was talking about are like the one in the OP here. If he's really gotten by for 30 years then you are misunderstanding him most likely and applying it to the wrong flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

No there's no misunderstanding ..draw heavy board big reraise. Do you have anything of substance to back up your opinion.

Remember he doesn't 8 table to make a living, I think that's pretty relavent.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ban please

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-17-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I am going out on a limb here and state that that game plays way nittier and way more passive than online NL10. So it is probably a lot like apples and oranges.