Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 08:41 AM

Default Re: HU SNG expected hourly rates??? ANybody???

I'd move up to the 20's if I were you, and if your bank/stomach can handle the extra swings. I can't imagine that there's much of a talent disparity between the 10's and the 20's...
Old 09-26-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine that there's much of a talent disparity between the 10's and the 20's...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-27-2007, 08:21 AM

I think firstly, sunofbeach is right, I have noticed no difference between $10 and $20 games.
Back to an earlier point however, I understand that usually when pushing if ahead you will be about 65% ahead, but I think most of the time, these games come down to either chipping away at really weak passive players, or allowing maniacs to push far too hard with crap. Of course when 2 good players play it will come down to a lot of short term luck and hoping that your hands holds up when ahead. Against bad players however, I think you need a whole lot of bad luck to lose (which of course happens but id say about 20% of the time rather than 35%.

From my experience, say starting with 1500 chips each, there are so many passive players that get chipped down to about 800 before they start pushing big hands. Some players seem to play so passively to about 400 chips then all in with any two cards.
Other overly aggressive players play crazy so you dont mind giving some chips away to start with and be patient until they inevitably do something daft and you double through.

Id say playing $10-20 HU games, these accounts for at least 80% of players. Of course there are some good players where the small edges become very important but they are a huge minority