Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Do you ever consider folding QQ?

the only time i fold QQ is when its almost impossible for me to be ahead. imagine being UTG+2 with Queens, with blinds at 300/600 when you have 40K and are near the top of a tourney. UTG min raises to 1200, you raise it to 6K, and then someone in MP pushes all in for 30K. i would fold this almost every time because i am the only one at the table who has MP guy covered, and he knows it. AK is the absolute minimum he has here, but even that is situationally unlikely unless he's a big gambler. I would say he probably has AA or KK and fold it.

in any situation where the initial raise is more often than not a blind steal or a desperation all in or im short stacked pocket Queens might as well be Aces, as someone else said double fist pump, all in, and take those chips.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:48 PM

Then I told my friend, who is a borderline bohemian and who doesn't know the difference between K9 and QQ, that I folded QQ in this spot. And he was like "why did you fold that?"

i'm a nit and i'd take a money over bubble boy any day. i've tripled up before the money and tripped up and fell on my face as i stare at A9s rivering the dreaded 6.66%'er...aka the devil as i like to call it.

i love attacking not defending especially in that spot
Old 09-14-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Minor rebuy live tournament. 9 of 40 players remain, 6 will cash. Blinds at 30k/15k. Chip stacks vary between 100k and 300k. Solid players left playing for value, mostly fighting for the blinds. Hero with 110k in chips in the cutoff with QQ. One folds, foe with 120k in chips raise to 60k, 3 fold.

Do you ever consider folding this?

[/ QUOTE ]

No...but i'd consider looking for a live tourney with a better structure...avg stack ~6BBs at the money bubble???
Old 09-15-2007, 09:55 AM

So would I...but not in a small town in Hungary....I am glad to find any tourney at all.