Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: AA vs tight guy

I like it.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This line to me is good. As for the shove flop responses to every thread, this is admittedly starting to get a little ridiculous. Poker exists beyond moving all in like you see on TV, guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

number of posts saying too many people say to shove flop: 2
number of people saying to shove flop: 1

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2007, 12:01 PM

number of posts in last week with > 50% of responses advocating shoving flop no matter circumstances: 306
Old 09-14-2007, 12:24 PM

Number of posts for someone who can't read that my commentary includes the phrase "shove flop responses to EVERY thread" - 10256.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Number of posts for someone who can't read that my commentary includes the phrase "shove flop responses to EVERY thread" - 10256.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, i think we're really nitpicking, but....

[ QUOTE ]
number of posts saying too many people say to shove flop: 2
number of people saying to shove flop: 1

[/ QUOTE ]

you're still wrong. i just said that a) 2 people said too many people said to shove flop and b) only one person said to shove flop.

i understand what your post said, i just thought this was a stupid time to bring up your complaint.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:29 AM

Do you bet because you dont think KQ KJ bets river again? I mean i think i like this line pretty good when im being careless because of my bad runs of cards or overplaying aa, you will run into sets,8s, and maybe even boats... Ill explain

But honestly why not just check call river? If your so off about gaining 3 bets post flop with AA? He has already shown strength. I think the times he does have two pair, boat, set on river this bet is just like splashing money into the pot carelessly. If he does have KQ KJ, he will probably fold because of a paired board on your river spalsh or put you on aces and fold, if he does call just two plays splashing around money on river when they shouldn't be especially you.Just my two cents, not how many combos beats yours.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:15 AM

if he plays that tight n passive pre, good chance hes on ak/ kq, id say he's going to continue betting turn w anything stronger, assuming he wouldnt play JT pre and on the flop this way. so river value is good imo.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:27 AM

Yeh this is prolly a good line. I like it. I dont know about the fold to a raise though, your getting such good odds you might as well call.

Shove flop is horrible. It allows him to get away from weaker hands and call with better ones. It gives him far superior implied odds. And I doubt your going to be shoving flop here on a bluff very often so you are going to allow him to make the correct decision.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:32 AM

I like this line. If he had a set he would be betting the turn. He'll call with AK, KQ almost all the time and probably won't bluff raise the river with a K, or TT-QQ.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:39 AM

Yeah i mean hes reraise flop, then his check behind (what good players do against good players with sets and two pairs(gets trickier obviously with two pair)on the turn, then this guy right here the one were talking about makes a splash bet on river that will only be called by better made hands...do you see the board is paired with straight draws, why must you risk chips on a bad board when he shows strength on the flop.
make sense when he showed so much strength on the flop.