Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Over/NFD in 3-bet pot that BB cold-called...wtf?

openshoving is like the worst play here and will get you looked up by a ton of hands you're flipping with.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$30 is good, and probably won't put you in a bad spot. BB is in the middle, and only has $50-some left at this point, so if he pushes, it will probably get CO out of the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kind of what I was thinking.

For you guys saying open-shove...do you really do it that often w/ overpairs?. I mean in this spot it's a pretty massive over-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not really a massive overbet. BB has 2x pot and CO has 3x. This puts them in a really tough spot knowing that in order to call they have to call the rest of their stack off. If CO made a loose call with like QJ pf he's going to have a hell of a tough time calling a shove when your hand looks like a scared overpair or at worst a massive draw that is often a favorite over his hand.

If I knew more about CO I might like betting the flop and shoving the turn more, if I thought he was the type of player who would call one time with TT/QJ to "keep me honest" (poker cliche ftw) and then folds to a turn shove. I think most players though down here are just going to go with it if they call a big bet on the flop, but a shove still is scarier to them from the risk/reward standpoint.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
openshoving is like the worst play here and will get you looked up by a ton of hands you're flipping with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop posting worthless one liners with no reasoning. You can't rely on intuition for hands like this.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$30 is good, and probably won't put you in a bad spot. BB is in the middle, and only has $50-some left at this point, so if he pushes, it will probably get CO out of the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

For you guys saying open-shove...do you really do it that often w/ overpairs?. I mean in this spot it's a pretty massive over-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I sometimes do it but usually don't. I do it very rarely when it's as big an overbet as in this spot. In general I don't think we need to push overpairs in this situation at 100nl to make pushing draws good. I still think he'll push a wider range if we make a smaller bet, b/c most players at 100nl like to put the last $$$ in themself with marginal hands.

If I think villain is likely to read a push as a semibluff I'd just bet out and call a shove, but I don't think that's the case often.

The reason I bet smaller with overpairs here most often is the exact same I like pushing with draws.

Edit: I just realised this was 3-ways. I still think pushing is good, and I I'd also do it more often with OPs 3-ways. I can't see how they will read weakness when we push into 2 players in a rr pot, one of them having 100bb+ at the start of the hand.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol cause you expect him to call with something we're ahead of if we bet 30?
Old 09-13-2007, 03:57 PM

Either open shove or bet 30 and call push.

Nut flush draw in a 3-bet pot is the nuts, but you want to be the one to put them to a decision for all of their chips, not the other way around.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For you guys saying open-shove...do you really do it that often w/ overpairs?.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not relevant because our opponents aren't observant, thinking players.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nut flush draw in a 3-bet pot is the nuts, but you want to be the one to put them to a decision for all of their chips, not the other way around.

[/ QUOTE ]

...which is why I'd rather c/r AI to put them to a decision for all their chips.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:16 PM

ok. i dont plan on betting 30 and then check folding the turn. do you really think open shoving here on a fairly low board for a 3bet pot into 2 people when u dont have a history of doing so seems to have alot less fold equity and just look bluffy in general. if we fire 2 barrels we can get hands like 1010 to fold when they may not to an openshove. openshoving isnt completely terrible but it just looks like you want a fold which may cause him to call alot more. crai is good too.

thac im looking for him to call one street and then fold with most pps if our image is good. if it isnt then this play just sucks anyway.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...which is why I'd rather c/r AI to put them to a decision for all their chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the potsize. If anyone is betting here they are never folding.