Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Probability
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Deconvolve luck from the game?

Thanks a lot for this summary. I only did not understand the last paragraph, about the complain. Under OP's rule you can claim flop/turn money only if you go to showdown, and you disagree and want to be able to claim it always? Did I got that right?

Otherwise ... now knowing the game, I would agree to some of the other posts, this game will be appealing for bots. On top I'm not sure if fishes will like it - it's not like you have AK aginst his set of Queens and you hit gutshot straight, no. It's showdown and some magic calculation happens and you're somehow losing money - fished won't like that.

Apart from that, it's interesting game ... I will at least give it a try for fun
Old 09-15-2007, 04:50 AM

Default Re: Deconvolve luck from the game?

It is an interesting game - but OP also claimed that part of his goal was to reward people who "played poker hands correctly," more so than real poker does -- the problem with that being that under his method of distributing the pot, the correct plays are very different than they are in real poker.

I was briefly unclear about the rules myself when I first read it, and the comment you referred to was me pointing out that both interpretations of the rules I had in mind were very different from standard poker.