Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: 200NL KK in a tough spot

You guys do realize that UTG raised, hero 3 bet and then a guy uninvolved doubled hero's 4 bet?

don't stack off to just stack off, it seems like a leak of so many people in SSNL.

It's usually aces like 80% of the time here.

Can I fold? It's tough but don't kill OP's laydown.

I agree it looks horrible to call get the flop you wanted and then fold but maybe he picked up something on the flop that clearly verified that he was up against aces.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys do realize that UTG raised, hero 3 bet and then a guy uninvolved doubled hero's 4 bet?

don't stack off to just stack off, it seems like a leak of so many people in SSNL.

I agree it looks horrible to call get the flop you wanted and then fold but maybe he picked up something on the flop that clearly verified that he was up against aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

A+ advice would read again
Old 09-13-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a serious post. He has either has the other two kings, aces, and the rare case he has QQ.

There is nothing else in his range or hero would have told us something more about him.

Are you saying you see two nines here when it goes UTG raise, 3 bet MP, button minraise on top?
Old 09-13-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a serious post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:01 PM

Thank you Gators for making such a strong post. I wasn't sure exactly how to explain my thinking was because I was still playing when I initially posted the hand. I think many people stack off too light in situations like this because it is KK and it's the ideal board. I hesitated to even make the post to begin with because I knew I'd get berated despite the fact I felt and still feel very confident in this laydown.

Him making a min4bet just screams big hand and I'd think he'd bet closer to fullpot on flop with a missed AK or reraise more preflop. I guess I could also just fold preflop but that seems kind of weak and I wanted to see how he acted postflop as he may just check behind if he misses with AK and then I'm not getting off of the hand.

In most normal circumstances with KK, yes, we're looking to felt this board without much thought. This is a 4bet pot and he MIN 4bet me so I really think we're looking at AA a huge percentage of the time here.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:06 PM

auble,

These people have this thing where they can't appear weak tight in any of their strategy posts. You'll see it a lot. I don't know if they are trying to appear strong so that they can't be pushed around if you sit at their tables or what.

I especially love a guy like orange, who is a SSNL mod that will say "bah I'm probably beat but I push". Seriously lol.

Spewing is putting the money in when you know you are beat.

Remember that.

P.S.: I'm fully confident you saved yourself about $160.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:16 PM

Likewise [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2007, 02:17 PM

Hay FGators, maybe I should fold preflop here! Or maybe call his 5bet and fold to a flop bet!

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $438.80
BB: $252.75
UTG: $196.00
MP: $200.00
Hero (CO): $347.65
BTN: $204.45

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $18.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $55.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $92.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $347.65</font>, BB calls all-in for $160.75
Uncalled bet of $94.90 returned to Hero

Flop: ($506.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Turn: ($506.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($506.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $506.50 ($3 Rake)

BB had Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pairs, Queens and Sixes) and LOST (-$252.75)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a full house, Kings full of Sixes) and WON (+$250.75)
Old 09-13-2007, 02:24 PM

Jay, while I agree with you that FGators is wrong to suggest folding KK in the OP, the situation you posted is very different. in the OP the guy who is thought to have AA by FGators 4 bet cold
Old 09-13-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hay FGators, maybe I should fold preflop here! Or maybe call his 5bet and fold to a flop bet!

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $438.80
BB: $252.75
UTG: $196.00
MP: $200.00
Hero (CO): $347.65
BTN: $204.45

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $18.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $55.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $92.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $347.65</font>, BB calls all-in for $160.75
Uncalled bet of $94.90 returned to Hero

Flop: ($506.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Turn: ($506.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($506.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $506.50 ($3 Rake)

BB had Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pairs, Queens and Sixes) and LOST (-$252.75)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a full house, Kings full of Sixes) and WON (+$250.75)

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. Tremendous. This guy was probably a 68/48 over 500 hands.

This guy in hero's post had NOT done anything to distinguish himself.