Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: NL 50 KK line check

Heh, I limp AK sometimes but I generally don't smooth call the raise. Depends on the stack size because it might be alright sometimes.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:44 PM

Why are we only considering flushes and flush draws here? I think a set certainly is possible. I would fold to the shove. I think we're looking at a set or a made flush. I think the flop raise is good, however.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:48 PM

I think this is a good example of what PNLHE was talking about when they say something like "when your opponent shows strength consider what hands you're way ahead of and what hands you're way behind. If you can't think of more hands you're way ahead of, you should fold". Paraphrased of course. OP is not way ahead of any hand.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:40 PM

I think if you consider sets in his range this is a fold. Any lone diamond + pair is a flip pretty much, he could have flopped it, we have no redraws, 2pr isnt really a possability but 22,33, and 1010are. I might call this flop bet and hope he checks a blank turn but I really consider folding.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:13 PM

NP mmctrab! I guess it was not enough coffee..
Old 09-13-2007, 12:50 PM

[/ QUOTE ] Problem is, versus a lot of the other hands in his range you're also behind, like every made set

That was my opinon, too and of the reasons why I would fold here...
Old 09-13-2007, 12:59 PM

Yeah actually the first thing I thought was set. I think a a big diamond isn't all that likely, but depends on your read of the villian.

Limp/calling UTG. To me, this is small or med. PP or SC, or maybe A-Rag suited. Basically, hands that either are made flushes or sets, both of which you are drawing very thin to.

I think on the flop I might actually fold to the donk bet. donk bets are quite often strength. If you don't want to fold, i'd say at least flat call. A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] isn't going anywhere so i'd rather keep the pot small and try to hang on.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah actually the first thing I thought was set. I think a a big diamond isn't all that likely, but depends on your read of the villian.

Limp/calling UTG. To me, this is small or med. PP or SC, or maybe A-Rag suited. Basically, hands that either are made flushes or sets, both of which you are drawing very thin to.

I think on the flop I might actually fold to the donk bet. donk bets are quite often strength. If you don't want to fold, i'd say at least flat call. A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] isn't going anywhere so i'd rather keep the pot small and try to hang on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but the pot isn't small anymore! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

What is your turn plan?
Old 09-13-2007, 01:18 PM

i guess i did play this hand pretty poorly.. maybe a PT flop aggression of 3.7 is too high lol?
Old 09-13-2007, 01:20 PM

Yeah I agree the pot isn't all that small. But we're not committed to it, especially if a diamond turn comes.

Diamond turn is easy dump obv. Blank turn, i'm stuck, not sure. I guess that's why I advocated folding the flop.

Maybe a flat call on the flop isn't better than a raise. I guess I don't totally blame the hero for raising, but I think we are reading the villian differently. As i've said before I think his preflop action points to hands that beat us and I also don't really give him credit for leading this flop as a semi-bluff or full bluff. I just feel based on my experience that this villian has it. Maybe i'm swayed a bit because I saw the push later, who knows.