Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: my position stats are bad

[ QUOTE ]
Your pfr from 6,5,4 are a solid 4% higher than mine on every seat.

Your small blind win rate is excellent from what I've read.

How are you raising 10% of hands from UTG? wow!

[/ QUOTE ]

damn you play nitty
Old 09-12-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your pfr from 6,5,4 are a solid 4% higher than mine on every seat.

Your small blind win rate is excellent from what I've read.

How are you raising 10% of hands from UTG? wow!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah pretty interesting dilemma that i play better out of position than in it
Old 09-12-2007, 11:55 PM

I just play twice as many hands from late position
Old 09-13-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: my position stats are the gay

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seems pretty similar to me acutally. Except my button stats are 23/17. So I dont know maybe your missing some spots where you can limp on the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that lol?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because limping is teh ghey! I did not mean open limp I meant limp along some times with specualtive hands. And I apoligise if this is not a viable strategy at 400NL and above.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seems pretty similar to me acutally. Except my button stats are 23/17. So I dont know maybe your missing some spots where you can limp on the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that lol?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because limping is teh ghey! I did not mean open limp I meant limp along some times with specualtive hands. And I apoligise if this is not a viable strategy at 400NL and above.

[/ QUOTE ]

open limping the button is so bad. I do sometimes overlimp, but mainly if its 2 or preferably 3+ limpers to me. If its just one limper then I'm raising or folding for the most part.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:13 AM

That was pretty much what I meant. Maybe I should have clarified myself better.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:14 AM

My late position VPIP, pfr, and att. to steal blinds are way higher.

Against good players stealing too often is exploitable for sure, but quite often the players to my left have horribly nitty stats, so I basically steal their blinds with any two cards.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that lol?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

open limping the button is so bad. I do sometimes overlimp, but mainly if its 2 or preferably 3+ limpers to me. If its just one limper then I'm raising or folding for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...we ought to have a discussion here I guess, cuz I really don't agree with about anything you said here. I can go with the assumption that I'm wrong initially cuz that's the way it normally is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] However, the points I disagree with are.

1. open limping in LP. I think there are plenty of times when this is a fine idea. In limit, it almost never was (is).

2. Overimpling with 1 limper I have no problem with against many opponents. I think we often understimate the value of letting someone get a 2nd best hand.

That's a start.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. open limping in LP. I think there are plenty of times when this is a fine idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's a fine idea. IMO, if the hand is worth playing, it is worth playing for a raise.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Overimpling with 1 limper I have no problem with against many opponents. I think we often understimate the value of letting someone get a 2nd best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
When we raise and they call they can still make the second best hand, but the pot is bigger so they stand to lose more.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that lol?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...we ought to have a discussion here I guess, cuz I really don't agree with about anything you said here. I can go with the assumption that I'm wrong initially cuz that's the way it normally is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] However, the points I disagree with are.

1. open limping in LP. I think there are plenty of times when this is a fine idea. In limit, it almost never was (is).

That's a start.

[/ QUOTE ]

basically everything I'm overlimping plays way better multiway...stuff like 64s and A2s and whatever. Its not the stuff that a 1 pair hand is going to be any good if I flop. If you open limp in LP then you are inviting the btn or whoever else is behind if you're not CO to isolate you and you'll be oop. If you have a good enough hand to open limp the button then you either have a very good hand (need to start building the pot) or a hand that won't hit a ton of flops (you need the initiative and you could just as well take it down preflop as well as being the aggressor as you will surely be with your big hands).