Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Should LuckyJimm earn a wage?

If this guy can earn a wage from pokernews for writing this sort of insightful hand analysis, then I think Jimm should be able to earn a wage.

The Most Valuable Piece of Advice You'll Ever Hear

My poker mentors over the last five years have given me some essential pearls of wisdom, but one of those little gems has remained under my hat for the duration of my brief poker career. However, seeing as you guys have been so well behaved, I am going to share with you the most valuable piece of advice that you'll ever hear...

... Don't put all your chips in when you're drawing dead.

And to prove how accurate that advice is, you only have to look at our latest hand involving, predominantly, Jani Sointula and RW Stain.

With the board reading {10-Hearts}{2-Hearts}{K-Hearts}{K-Clubs}, Stain bet 8k, start of the day chip leader Janne Lamsa called and Jani Sointula pushed all-in for 23k straight.

Surprisingly, Stain concluded that his {7-Spades}{7-Clubs} was worth a crack and decided to make the call, ahead, but only by a gnat's breath, of Jani's {A-Hearts}{7-Hearts}.

For some unknown reason, Jani stayed in his seat as if unaware he was drawing dead as the dealer created some unnecessary drama by taking his time on dealing the river. Amusingly, the last card out was an academic {6-Hearts} which gave Jani the flush he was previously looking for if called.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He is already wearing 200 shoes, he is living the life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why how many feet does Jimm have?
Old 09-12-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He is already wearing 200 shoes, he is living the life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why how many feet does Jimm have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bought two pairs for a total of £130 / $260
Old 09-13-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If this guy can earn a wage from pokernews for writing this sort of insightful hand analysis, then I think Jimm should be able to earn a wage.

My poker mentors over the last five years have given me some essential pearls of wisdom, but one of those little gems has remained under my hat for the duration of my brief poker career. However, seeing as you guys have been so well behaved, I am going to share with you the most valuable piece of advice that you'll ever hear...

And to prove how accurate that advice is, you only have to look at our latest hand involving, predominantly, Jani Sointula and RW Stain.

With the board reading {10-Hearts}{2-Hearts}{K-Hearts}{K-Clubs}, Stain bet 8k, start of the day chip leader Janne Lamsa called and Jani Sointula pushed all-in for 23k straight.

Surprisingly, Stain concluded that his {7-Spades}{7-Clubs} was worth a crack and decided to make the call, ahead, but only by a gnat's breath, of Jani's {A-Hearts}{7-Hearts}.

For some unknown reason, Jani stayed in his seat as if unaware he was drawing dead as the dealer created some unnecessary drama by taking his time on dealing the river. Amusingly, the last card out was an academic {6-Hearts} which gave Jani the flush he was previously looking for if called.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense at all.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:26 AM

isn't everyone who posts in NVG already being paid??
Old 09-13-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-13-2007, 01:45 AM

My sister works for a large publishing company in NYC. I told jimm to write a book about degenerate gambling, the things he puts in his blog, and to send me a manuscript so I could pass it on. I think some of his more well written pieces are interesting.

I think we should all chip in and buy him into a PLO tourney for next years series, then take some action. I'll put in $100, but he has to let me make fun of his accent when he's here.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:01 AM

In all honesty after the staking disaster maybe jimm shouldnt be playing. However he is clearly a good writer capable of making an accurate well thought description of any event.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:09 AM

Money will never suit him.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My sister works for a large publishing company in NYC. I told jimm to write a book about degenerate gambling, the things he puts in his blog, and to send me a manuscript so I could pass it on. I think some of his more well written pieces are interesting.

I think we should all chip in and buy him into a PLO tourney for next years series, then take some action. I'll put in $100, but he has to let me make fun of his accent when he's here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds fun!