Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: How bad is this?

This is a situation that always confuses me. I usually bet and fold to a raise on the turn, but feel like if I do that too much, they will start picking me off with bluffs. What about the river, c/c or c/f UI? SSHE talks about this situation only briefly. Are there any good reads on this subject out there? (When an overcard falls on the flop.)
Old 09-11-2007, 06:39 PM

In this particular situation, if I check and the guy to my left bets, I'm obviously only considering calling if the other 2 fold (since I'm closing the action). Given my read on this player though, I'm folding since he is never, ever, ever betting a hand here that I beat.

My experience in small stakes games is that players very rarely bluffraise on the turn. So against your typical opponent you can let this go without worrying about it too much - I'd need a good read to consider continuing.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:55 PM

Always nice to see the best hand win... and omg calling two cold in MP with A4o IS truly hilarious.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:58 PM

I'd probably have c/c'd the turn but, as others have said, betting is of course okay. Where I play there's a lot of guys who'll wait until the turn to raise with and A.