Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Float against habitual 3better

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop, I prefer raising to ~180 and folding to a push on the flop more than folding. as played, turn is close leaning towards checking.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I kinda like this line. Problem being we're probably not likely to raise many of our strong hands on this flop. Still it's a lot cheaper than OPs line so I think it might be better.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's basically a psb, calling the flop with the intention of checking the turn is an awfull mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the hand's been misplayed PF and possibly flop, turn play shouldn't be decided on the flawed thinking of previous streets. At this point the EV of a turn push bluff surely can't be better than taking the free card and shoving river when Hero's hand could possibly actually be the nuts(club) or decent(river Ace).
Old 09-11-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It's basically a psb, calling the flop with the intention of checking the turn is an awfull mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the hand's been misplayed PF and possibly flop, turn play shouldn't be decided on the flawed thinking of previous streets.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's why I also mentioned that he'll he be folding a huge part of his range, but you didn't care to qoute that part of my post. I don't think we should push the turn b/c of bad decision earlier in the hand, but b/c it's profitable vs his range.

[ QUOTE ]
At this point the EV of a turn push bluff surely can't be better than taking the free card and shoving river when Hero's hand could possibly actually be the nuts(club) or decent(river Ace).

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree checking the turn probably is a better option though. Mostly because it's repping a wider range of good hands.

[ QUOTE ]
As played, I'd take the free card on the turn and if river was a club it'd make your outsized reraise/shove look awfully like a bluff which is just great.

[/ QUOTE ]
It just seems to me like you didn't plan to bluff the river if you checked the turn.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:18 AM

chk'ing the turn if far superior to shoving turn.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:23 AM

preflop and the flop are big mistakes, however u have to shove this turn, but just bet like 2/3 pot and call and all in
Old 09-11-2007, 10:32 AM

after the flop, I kinda like this one...

su at the tables Andy!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:09 AM

I had considered shoving the flop, but at the time I felt like a cold call was scary. He's gotta give me credit for at least a decent sized PP if not a monster. I'd play a set exactly like this in this scenario with such a dry flop. With a hand like KQ, yea you're right i'd probably shove the flop, but I may wait to see his turn action before committing.

I think checking through and shoving the river has it's merits because it allows me to hit my draws for free, but I don't feel like it looks as strong, plus it gives him another chance to catch two pair/straight/something else that makes him less inclined to fold.

Obviously PF is the big mistake here, but aside from that I wasn't unhappy with the play. Unfortunately he turned a set of fives and while I hit my river club he also filled up. I feel like if he'd had 44 or 66 or something there he's gotta fold though.

-Andy
Old 09-11-2007, 11:19 AM

is 4bet/call preflop viable here? Axs man [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

edit - we can work this out btw if you give us his 3betting range, and his AI range

id make them up but id say urs would be more accurate as uve played with him
Old 09-11-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
chk'ing the turn if far superior to shoving turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont agree with this, I think its an auto shove once we get here
Old 09-11-2007, 02:11 PM

are we not a lot better making this move on a board that doesn't contain any broadway?