Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: 15/30 set c/r on turn

[ QUOTE ]
Just calling the turn. Pretty sure 3betting here is spewy.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB raised the field pre-flop. What does he do this with? QQ, KK, AA, AK, and maybe AQ.

I think he probably flopped a set of queens and wanted to keep people in until the turn for raises.

Still you reraise him, hoping to get LP out (or make him pay for his draw and see if he re-pops wih the J9). Ultimately you get to see where SB is. Unless he has the nuts, all he can do is call, right?

Then you'll have another decision to make on the river [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2007, 04:40 PM

This wreaks of AJ or higher set. Lp has either 2 pair, which kills alot of our possible outs, or a pair and a J, which he is never folding. I want to get to showdown cheaply.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:33 PM

3-betting is pretty bad here. AJs is a possibility but KKK and QQQ have to be way up there in his range.

The only possibilities I see that we're ahead of are AK (makes sense pre, but a bit of a hyper-aggressive way to play it post-flop, and unlikely at these stakes), or KQs, which is a great preflop raise given how well it plays multi-way and fits all the subsequent action. The trouble is that most live players don't think that way and would usually just call preflop, but if this guy plays well and is aggressive, it's definitely a viable holding. Still, I think KKK and QQQ are more likely, and you should call, spike a 5 on the river, and take the pot.