Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: FTP 50/50 ITM spot

[ QUOTE ]
You called PF because you wanted to play a little too fancy in position, and you managed to do so on every street.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp? Is that what you meant here?
Old 09-10-2007, 03:29 PM

Well, Dave, you got both, because both were important. Honestly, you and I share the same fear, on a very logical/strategic basis, about being too weak tight in late game spots. The two responses I have is:

1. Make strong moves in blind battles.
2. Don't put yourself in bad spots by open raising MP with junk or playing in position with junk against EP raises.

Preferred line is to fold, you got that already. Anyway, this post seems superfluous (sorry), but I'm speaking to myself more than anyone else (because I'm selfish :-)).

Barry
Old 09-10-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian hasn't done anything super out of line, although I really haven't seen him show down hands. He's only raised PF and gotten all folds, or folded the flop himself. He's tried to open raise my BB like 2 times in 30 hands, and has opened in LP a fair amount.

We are ITM with something like 110 left, and 153 get paid.

I'm just not sure how to play this hand. I thought about just pushing the flop. I also knew the c-bet was coming, and really put his range as fairly close to any two. I thought I would float his c-bet and go from there, and I was really sure my A is good here.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t250/t500
(Ante: t50)
8 players

Hero has 21.5k
Villian has 35k

Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is CO with :a[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] :8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to t1500</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls t1500 (pot was t2650)</font>, 3 folds.

Flop: :3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] :k[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] :5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t4150, 2 players)
UTG+1 bets t3000</font>, Hero calls t3000 (pot was t7150)</font>.

Turn: :9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t10150, 2 players)
UTG+1 bets t5500</font>, Hero calls t5500 (pot was t15650)</font>.

River: :2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t21150, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero is all-in t11450</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

...can't decide if pre is worse than river. The one street that u had control of was preflop...easy fold. The way u played this, just give up on river, not even sure if he folds AxQh (def not folding QxQh...etc) here getting 3 to 1...
Old 09-10-2007, 10:54 PM

ive used this play alot w great success dave which is why i don't like the shove river (but you have to know the opponent).say i have ak but no hearts. i bet twice and get called. now i check the river bc if you are on the draw a bet has no value. if you have the flush or set im paying off anyway . so i let the opponent make a play at the pot. i cant tell you how often over 50% id say that the busted draw takes a stab at the pot. i would never play acex against an ep raiser. its a recipe for big losses.