Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Long downswing

No, I play 6 tables because nl50 players are weak, the nits are easily exploitable, and the fish are just to easy, if i was playing 5/10 against regulars id go down to 4 tables, but not 50nl, playing 2 tables doesnt make you think any deeper dude...its just cause ur not used to 6 tables, I see way more hands, get way more experience then someone who plays 2 tables, and the rakeback is higher,im a good solid player, Ive got alot of friends who teach me the game and give me good tips, im stronger then the average 50nl player I know it, I just need to work on the emotional parts, I got all the tools that I need and good thinking process. Downswings are out of my control, sure I make errors, but after revision of my hands with my friend,most of them were totally out of my control. I don't think that the number of tables you play affects ur bb/100 if ur a strong player, if ur a marginal player sure. Your arguments about learning more when playing 2 tables doesnt make sense to me, You see less hands, see less marginal situations to learn from them. The important thing is to learn from the errors that you make, learn how to exploit different type of strategies using pahud to its full potential,not just the 3 basic stats, total AF is useless btw, and its not directed by how many tables you play. Anyways thats what I think
Old 09-21-2007, 08:10 PM

I, too, am going through a pretty tough downswing. I think you said yours has gone on for 14 days...mine, has been going on since around July now.
I'll have spouts of upswings, but these will roughly last a single session, before the next will be extremely brutal and i'll lose all my winnings, and that little bit more.

Four times in 24 hours, i've had AQ, on a QQjunk rainbow flop. I bet, get reraised, reraise AI only for that person to be holding 22, 33, 44 or whatever and flopping a FH.
A few hours ago I limped in with 5 10o, and hit a 5 5 10 flop. Oh and what a surprise...i'm up against 10 10.

In todays session I'm dealt QJ. Flop comes down, QJJ. I get reraised all in by someone holding JK. King hits on the turn.

In around an hour, I floped three open ended straight flush draws. I played the two out of the three aggresively...none of them hit. Not even a low ended straight or a pair.

My luck just gets worse and worse. Earlier I was holding AA, I get reraised all in preflop. The guy is holding K3o (!!) - flop comes down K33, and it's game over.
Yesterday I had AA, FOUR people re-reraised preflop. It ended up being AA vs KK vs QQ vs JJ. The Kings hit the set, obviously.

Yet what amazes me, is I get people calling pot bets with inside straight draws, or top pair with [censored] kickers only to hit on the river.

I don't know what to do - i've taken two breaks in this period, neither of them doing any good...it's actually gotten worse when I return.

I removed my cash from all the sites that were being brutal. Leaving cash in just Hollywood poker...but then to my luck, as soon as I do, the tables turn for the worst on there too [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

It's tiresome and wearing me down. I used to enjoy the game - but now i've lost count of how many times i've peaked my bankroll only to lose 1/3 of it in a day

Maybe I should quit. Take my roll out and spend it on something worthwhile.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:52 AM

your problem is you think you're alot better than you are judging from your last post. you were a small sample winner at 25 and 50 nl get off your high horse. you probably ran good to win and now variance is leveling out.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:02 PM

graph?
Old 09-23-2007, 11:25 AM

I play at much lower limits than you do.

You're almost certainly a much better player than I am.

But 6-tabling when you're not a proven winner at that level is insane.

Just my $0.02
Old 09-28-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A few hours ago I limped in with 5 10o,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I found one of your leaks....