Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 12:12 AM

Default Re: 50 NL AK pre against aggressive stealer 5 bet shove?

[ QUOTE ]
At best you will be racing. Worst your up against aa or kk which sounds plausible given co's action. This is a cash game, not a tournament. You should have flat called co's raise to $2 preflop. Since you re raised however, now a flat call of his re raise makes sense...see what the flop brings.

You want to keep the pot small so that if you miss you can get away from it without getting pot committed. In this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like the worst advice ever. Calling the $2 raise woulda been absolutely terrible. And now calling the raise to $15 is pretty bad...unless maybe you plan to shove any flop....and I still think that's not very good.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:15 AM

Push or fold. DON'T CALL.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:45 AM

Push or fold. I would guess both have about the same EV. Depending on how much variance you can take, folding might make you less likely to tilt.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:06 AM

With the history I get it all in there.
-Does anyone think that the 3 bet is too small?
-What does everyone do if you are facing this bet with QQ?
Old 09-10-2007, 03:20 AM

Easy push given the history. Don't call, AK likes to see all 5 cards.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:10 AM

i'd prefer folding given the history you provided. You have been 3betting him and now villain plays back at you with a hand most likely. I'm saying he has at worst JJ+ here.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:25 AM

I would have re-raised one BB more due to the fact that I´m oop. Now, if this is the first time he 4-bets you, I think you have to fold. We only have evidence that is raising liberally, not 4-betting. If he start doing this more often, then I guess you have to shove.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:46 PM

Re: the raising size, I normally raise more OOP, I'm not sure why it isn't at least 7 (misclick?).

I would never call here, but I wanted to see what people think. Seems to be pretty evenly split. I think what Rafpig says makes the most sense, since it was the first time this villain had 4 bet me. Notice also that his 4 bet is pretty small. I realized thinking about this hand later that if he wanted me out he would probably have made a bigger size 4 bet. Why make it so small giving me the odds to call?
Old 09-11-2007, 01:47 AM

I totally disagree. I think a shove is self weighting here given the action. Villian can easily play 88-AA like he did, especially if he puts hero on 2 overs, namly ak etc. If you shove here you are going to be getting called by pp's, the same hand, or AA KK. You will win small pots and lose big ones. AK is an unmade hand and shoving here would be a huge overplay I think.

Unlikely he will fold to a shove here, so what do you think he has given the action? What are you beating pre flop? Aq, Axs....not much. You have an unmade hand and are fishing....

Fold or flat call preflop.

Shoving ak here is weak.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I totally disagree. I think a shove is self weighting here given the action. Villian can easily play 88-AA like he did, especially if he puts hero on 2 overs, namly ak etc. If you shove here you are going to be getting called by pp's, the same hand, or AA KK. You will win small pots and lose big ones. AK is an unmade hand and shoving here would be a huge overplay I think.

Unlikely he will fold to a shove here, so what do you think he has given the action? What are you beating pre flop? Aq, Axs....not much. You have an unmade hand and are fishing....

Fold or flat call preflop.

Shoving ak here is weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 100 BB stacks flat calling a 3bet pre-flop with AK can be good. Flat calling a raise and flat calling a 4bet is not good.

AK is a hand that needs to see all 5 cards. And versus 88-AA it is +ev here with the overlay in the pot. You can't call and then fold the flop.