Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 12:18 AM

Default Re: 40/80 Live. Flopped trips and was raised on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
he can't put you on an 8, but I can't put him on a hand either. Since he seemed to play well the one time I played with him I'm going to give him credit for having T9 more often than QT here and just call.

You going to be at bay101 tomorrow?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't say I'm going to be there tomorrow: AJs all morning, new high stakes episode, 49ers' game. But I will say we played together shortly on Friday morning before you left for the 100/200. I had a turtle card protector and was to the right of dealer. Nice suck out with KK vs Qx by the way.

Garland
Old 09-10-2007, 12:57 AM

hmmmmmmmmmm i think i remember the hand...and I remember the turtle...I just can't remember what you look like. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I didn't play the KK vs. you right? Pretty sure that guy was a huge fish and i'm pretty sure he didn't have the turtle.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hmmmmmmmmmm i think i remember the hand...and I remember the turtle...I just can't remember what you look like.

I didn't play the KK vs. you right? Pretty sure that guy was a huge fish and i'm pretty sure he didn't have the turtle.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it wasn't me. And the other KK didn't fair so well from the blinds against Ax and you know what flops. I was right in front of you (three to your left) and to the direct right of the dealer. Chinese guy, SF Giants jacket.

Garland
Old 09-10-2007, 03:42 AM

call turn donk river?
Old 09-10-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Results and thoughts...

Results:

I 3-bet (with 1.5 more big bets remaining in my stack. Forgot to mention, sorry), and was called. The river was a 4. I bet and was raised the last 4 chips and was shown 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I thought he could possibly be putting on some move or got there with a Q. I thought he would raise the flop with 9T on the flop. In any event 3-betting the turn was useless. My kicker doesn't play and he would play perfectly to a 3-bet folding all marginal hands.

Yes, it's a fairly loose call pre-flop and probably marks the first time in years I've been told to "fold preflop" (shows how tight I usually am). With 2 poor limpers and late position, I thought it to be worth a look but I should probably reevaluate. By no means was I ever really tilted. Frustrated a bit by bad cards and breaks, yes probably. It probably brought my A game down to a B+ or B game.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Garland
Old 09-10-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Results and thoughts...

I think it's a pretty awful preflop call. It just doesn't have enough postflop equity even in these awful games. Be patient.

As played, I'd just call the turn, but raising isn't bad, especially given how few chips you have left; you're obviously not folding.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Results and thoughts...

your stack size is pretty important here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]