Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 10:27 AM

Default Re: 99 , rate my buff..

EXACTLY 5? lool
Old 09-09-2007, 10:30 AM

If we're repping 5 combos to our villian, all of which beat him, and he's a rational guy, what do you think his action is? I'm not really commenting on the hand itself, more on the fact that we can rep one combo and still it can be a good bluff.

What hands do you think the villian thinks he beats?
Old 09-09-2007, 10:36 AM

top pair/overpair type hands turning into a bluff?

I see what you're saying now, and i agree, but my point was that heroes repping a small value betting range. That taken into the account that he could be bluffing could persuade villain to call, because there isnt much that beats him (ive seen the argument on here a few times anyway). i think its a valid point. It's always better to rep a wide value betting range, right?
Old 09-09-2007, 03:39 PM

Wouldn't villain expect that you'd raise the flop with JJ-AA, AsKs, AsQs, AsJs, and AsTs. Even KsQs?

And wouldn't you at least raise the turn with TT or J9?

And with a big combo draw, like 5s6s, would he expect you to raise the flop?

I think he will be hard pressed to believe you have a flush or straight on the river given that you raised preflop and c/c'ed the flop and turn. Therefore, I don't like the river push. I think he looks you up too often here to make the push +EV. I think folding is good. I think calling is bad, since if he doesn't have a T, then any draw he might have had came in on the river.

As for raising, despite him having a hard time putting you on a straight or flush, that might still be +EV since you might be able to push him off a weak ten a decent amount of time. But to maximize EV if you do raise, I think you should make it look a little more like you want a call (and risk less in the process). It might make him more inclined to fold a weak top-pair hand if you raise to $200 than if you push.