Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Huckabee attacks Paul and doesn\'t woory about silly stuff like fa

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with qwnu, some proof that it won't be more of a bloodbath than it currently is would be nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is your proof:

STOP INVADING AND MURDERING OTHER COUNTRIES

The United States army is a brutal violent dictatorial invader. What do you expect!?
Old 09-08-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Paul/Huckabee exchange really entertained me. It was "principled and correct view" sparring against "seasoned professional politician."

Paul would deliver some correct, though politically unpolished, point, and Huckabee would come back with something like "We are one nation united under God, sir." It was pretty classic stuff. I imagined Huckabee's brain operating sort of like Google, searching for his next sentence. "Oh, this arrangement of words will play nice!"

Huckabee knows he's playing a game and he knows Paul is intellectually correct. But unfortunately people like Huckabee have more to gain with myopic, palatable analysis than with intellectual accuracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! He's not making points, he's simply reciting code words that draw on the listener's previous programming. He's telling the listener, "don't worry about what this guy is saying, I support The Flag, and Baseball, and Apple Pie, and Motherhood, all the good stuff that equal USA #1!!!1!!"

CF: the only post of snowball's I agreed with

[/ QUOTE ]

It sort of feels like Huckabee was taking one for team neocon.

Rudy Mcromney says "Get in there kid and call this guy an idiot so we don't have to. Because our comments might actually be used against us in a future debate, but Paul can't hurt you(cause you got nothing to lose) and as long as somebody keeps saying Paul is an idiot thats all some people are going to hear. Meanwhile, were gonna go see if we can work this constitution word into our speeches. I don't know what it means, but people seem to respond to it."
Old 09-08-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Paul/Huckabee exchange really entertained me. It was "principled and correct view" sparring against "seasoned professional politician."

Paul would deliver some correct, though politically unpolished, point, and Huckabee would come back with something like "We are one nation united under God, sir." It was pretty classic stuff. I imagined Huckabee's brain operating sort of like Google, searching for his next sentence. "Oh, this arrangement of words will play nice!"

Huckabee knows he's playing a game and he knows Paul is intellectually correct. But unfortunately people like Huckabee have more to gain with myopic, palatable analysis than with intellectual accuracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! He's not making points, he's simply reciting code words that draw on the listener's previous programming. He's telling the listener, "don't worry about what this guy is saying, I support The Flag, and Baseball, and Apple Pie, and Motherhood, all the good stuff that equal USA #1!!!1!!"

CF: the only post of snowball's I agreed with

[/ QUOTE ]

It sort of feels like Huckabee was taking one for team neocon.

Rudy Mcromney says "Get in there kid and call this guy an idiot so we don't have to. Because our comments might actually be used against us in a future debate, but Paul can't hurt you(cause you got nothing to lose) and as long as somebody keeps saying Paul is an idiot thats all some people are going to hear. Meanwhile, were gonna go see if we can work this constitution word into our speeches. I don't know what it means, but people seem to respond to it."

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]