Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Jordan\'s Log

thanks for the kind words, shemp.

Now that you mention it, I'm not feeling it too much in my butt. What are the most common reasons for not feeling it there? Is it typically a depth issue?
Old 09-16-2007, 04:00 AM

I'm not really raising a flag, but yes, I was thinking there might be a depth issue. There certainly doesn't have to be. And they "felt awesome," which I take as a good sign. Cheers.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:46 PM

aided by cooler weather, I just ran 2.5 miles in 28 minutes. with weather conditions like this (it was about 55 degrees), I think I could run a 5K at a ~12 minute/mile pace.

To test this idea, I'll need to find find a track or a flat surface loop, because I think the hills near my house really slow me down.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:31 PM

Schedule got shifted back by a day due to other commitments. Will workout Friday and Sunday this week and resume Tues/Thurs/Sat next week.
9/19/07 Workout A

Squats
3x5x160
Felt just okay. I finished without too much trouble, but my form wasn't good. I think my back is rounding at the bottom of the squat when I try to go real deep with this much weight. I may have to lower the weight to try and fix the form.

Bench
3x5x165
No problems here, felt good. Sets were tough but doable. I didn't really come close to failure.

Deadlift
1x5x135
Good lift. I felt it in my hammys and butt.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:59 PM

shameful day today. i didn't realize the gym closed an hour earlier on fridays. i tried to squeeze my workout into a half hour, without my partner. big mistake...

Squats
2x5x155
I was rushing and regrettably had poor form. i stopped after 2 sets when my back was really tight.

Military Press
1x3x95
2x5x75
Feeling really weak after the squats, I decided to try to make up for it on the press. That didn't work so well so I had to finish with much less weight than I'd like.

Pendlay Rows
3x5x75
My back was pretty tight, so I decided to go easy on the pendlay rows.

Overall, not a good workout. I'll be lucky if I'm ready to go on Sunday. I'll probably lower the weight on the squats to 135 and really stress the form. Also I won't up the weight too much on DL unless I'm feeling good.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:10 PM

I decided to skip sunday to give my body some extra time to recover from the friday disaster, and resume my Tues/Thurs/Sat schedule.

9/25/07

Workout A

Squat
3x5x135
I went ATG and did these sets pretty smoothly.

Bench
2x5x170
1x4x170
Needed a little assistance getting the 5th rep of my 3rd set up. I nearly had it.

Deadlift
1x5x145
Felt this in the butt and back mostly today. That's okay, right? It's been 90 minutes or so and I'm not feeling it anymore, so I have to assume that my back is all right.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:30 PM

I haven't updated this in a little while... I missed last Thursday's workout because I had a cold, and wasn't feeling up to it.

9/29/07 Workout B

Squat
3x5x145

Military Press
3x5x95
Very tough but I managed.

Pendlay Rows
3x5x95
not too bad.

10/2/07 Workout A
Squat
3x5x135
I have very little confidence in my form here. I think my back is still rounding at the bottom. Also it hurts in the front of my hips.

Bench
1x5x175, 1x4x175, 1x5x175
psyched myself out on the middle set here.

Deadlift
1x5x155
No problem here.

I've stopped the EC stack, I think it is partially to blame for me catching a cold.

I haven't done much cardio in the past week.

This week I want to develop a plan to fix my squat, and go running at least once.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:43 PM

Slowly descend right next to one in an air squat and watch what happens. If you are holding your arch, great, you should now know what that feels like. If/when you lose it, you can match the visual cue with the feeling. You don't need/want weight for this.

You're generally better off feeling these things than looking for them in a mirror-- but some folks don't seem to be aware/can't feel the butt wink for some reason.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Slowly descend right next to one in an air squat and watch what happens. If you are holding your arch, great, you should now know what that feels like. If/when you lose it, you can match the visual cue with the feeling. You don't need/want weight for this.

You're generally better off feeling these things than looking for them in a mirror-- but some folks don't seem to be aware/can't feel the butt wink for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
I couldn't feel my butt come under either, and I knew it was happening.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:22 AM

Hi Jordan,

congrats on getting active again! How have your last few workouts been? Haven't seen you update in a while!