Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Im kinda new to this forum, but i need ur help plzzzzzzzzz

[ QUOTE ]
If your playin poker seriously and taking classes, how do you manage your time to do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it unlikely that you could be a successful full-time student and play poker "seriously." One or the other would have to suffer a bit for you to be as successful as possible at the other.

You might be able to succeed in school if you treat poker like a part-time job and only play during the hours that you would otherwise be working. But be careful not to keep playing past your stop time (i.e. when you're stuck, or deep in a tournament, or in a good game, etc.). You'd need a lot of self-discipline not to let poker creep into your study, class, and socializing time. And don't underestimate the importance of socializing in college. It's an important part of the process.

[ QUOTE ]
Second qurestion is: do you think its wise to maybe take a break from poker for a semester?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. But not necessary if you can limit your time to a few hours a day like a part-time job.

This is probably the wrong forum, too. The Psych forum is usually where stuff like this ends up.