Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: HU, OOP with a mid-PP in a blind defense.

remember that most villains don't play their hands well. Stop trying to give him a hand that rationally makes sense to play, and value bet the river since you are definitely ahead of his range when he checks behind.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:47 PM

I hate to be one of those people who posts a hand and asks for advice but then argues agaisnt everyone becuase they alrady feel they played the hand perfectly :-)

I was really more curious about the turn play, and a little about the flop.

I really felt my read after the turn check was spot on. I dont have my PT here at work but I bet we've logged easily more than 1K hands against each other since mid july. I cant think of a single time off the top of my Villian has done anything half as stupid as the crap I pull everyday. Maybe this hand is too dependant on the read and past experience. I easily felt the flop raise was a "feeler" bet. Lack of a PF cap narrows the range a lot IMO. I think I'm getting capped here by 99+ and big aces because Villian probably feels I defend lightly. Turn check to me copletly took away the possiblity of a PP of any kind becuase Villian should think its good when I didnt 3bet the flop. I think the nut flush draw would have been turn bet too.

Seriously no one B/F the turn here? to risky if the Villian has Asxs and decides to bet me off my hand again?

If a flop cap, and B/F the turn as awful as it feels?
Old 09-06-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
remember that most villains don't play their hands well. Stop trying to give him a hand that rationally makes sense to play, and value bet the river since you are definitely ahead of his range when he checks behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isnt most villians as I've said several times. Against 95% of the field I'm betting this river 100%
Old 09-06-2007, 01:51 PM

If you are expecting him to always bet the turn, but you feel like you are ahead of enough of his range to call down, why are you so intent on betting the turn for him?

This time he surprised you, but that is results-oriented.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isnt most villians as I've said several times. Against 95% of the field I'm betting this river 100%

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad. went back to work between first and second post in thread and forgot some of the OP.

If this is really a solid TAG player the double donk might confuse them, but I'm pretty sure they just fold their crap and raise with a better hand. I think in that case you are better off just 3-balling the flop and leading the turn, but taking non-standard lines does sometimes work against thinking TAGs who just say "WTF I'll call down with my A-high".
Old 09-06-2007, 01:58 PM

Sometimes you just play out a hand and as it goes down something feels dirty. This was one of those hands so I thought I'd ask and see how better playres played this one out.

[ QUOTE ]
If you are expecting him to always bet the turn, but you feel like you are ahead of enough of his range to call down, why are you so intent on betting the turn for him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your exactly right, I feel this turn will be bet a huge portion of the time and feel I ahead way more than behind here. My question comes down to is it really the right play to risk a check behind where the opponent has to be drawing to probably at least 6 outs and as many as 15?
Old 09-06-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes you just play out a hand and as it goes down something feels dirty. This was one of those hands so I thought I'd ask and see how better playres played this one out.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your exactly right, I feel this turn will be bet a huge portion of the time and feel I ahead way more than behind here. My question comes down to is it really the right play to risk a check behind where the opponent has to be drawing to probably at least 6 outs and as many as 15?

[/ QUOTE ]

people rarely take a free card in a blind battle, and almost always fire a second barrel with A-high, so I really don't think you need to worry about this being checked behind often enough to sweat this one.

If you really feel like you are way ahead of his range and you know that he will check behind on the turn then you should 3-bet the flop and lead the turn.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:53 PM

I assume they were just trying to see if you could fold for 1 bet on the flop with an underpair, which is an exploitable tendency of some low limit TAGs.

I would weight his hand heavily to Ax right now, which is why you must bet this river with some Ax hands and your pairs. You win no matter what he does.

Had the river not paired I would have checked planning to raise since I dont think A hi is calling a blank river, and he may try to value bet a pocket pair thinking you have A hi...
Old 09-06-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and feel I ahead way more than behind here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you have this feeling??
Logic would tell me otherwise
Old 09-06-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Had the river not paired I would have checked planning to raise since I dont think A hi is calling a blank river, and he may try to value bet a pocket pair thinking you have A hi...

[/ QUOTE ]

What cards are you taking this line with? Doesnt a PP bet the turn so arent arent we even more heavily weighted to an A in your opinion? Are you still CR the river if its a boradway or just calling?