Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: VIDEO 200NL at party - please comment

I noticed you made some folds with SC to standard 3-4x raises PF, sometimes in position. Do you just not like playing them for a raise, because the raisers seemed sorta tight so I wouldn't mind playing a flop. Nitpicking a bit but I thought folding 87o in the BB to the shorty's minraise was weird too - yeah he has $36 behind but it's just a minraise and your hand is deceptive eh.

I think going broke with the 34dd hand on the flop is acceptable - he's not calling with A4 preflop with those stats so it's 99/overpair/flush draw (flush draw doesn't even seem likely amirite?). I'd 3-town for most of his stack there.

JJ fold was fine, SB 4-betting is very strong.

Bluffing the river against Mary was pretty spew. She check/calls a dry, drawless flop, so if she does that with mid-PPs, 8x, or weak queens, I don't mind a double barrel on turn if you can get her to fold, but as played I'm checking behind river as you aren't going to get hands except Ace-high that beat you to fold IMO.

Other than that, you play fairly well sir, hurrah Deutschland, du kannst meinen Puppenwagen jeden Tag fahren.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:51 PM

i uploaded it to sharedzilla for those who have problems with megaupload.

rapidshare doesn't work because the file is too big [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I noticed you made some folds with SC to standard 3-4x raises PF, sometimes in position. Do you just not like playing them for a raise, because the raisers seemed sorta tight so I wouldn't mind playing a flop. Nitpicking a bit but I thought folding 87o in the BB to the shorty's minraise was weird too - yeah he has $36 behind but it's just a minraise and your hand is deceptive eh.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, that's generally my thought, when villain has much less than a full buy-in, i'm unlikely to play stuff like suited connectors and small pocket pairs against him. simply because of implied odds. you might be right that i can find a few additional spots though.

[ QUOTE ]
I think going broke with the 34dd hand on the flop is acceptable - he's not calling with A4 preflop with those stats so it's 99/overpair/flush draw (flush draw doesn't even seem likely amirite?). I'd 3-town for most of his stack there.

[/ QUOTE ]
i could only see him with a FD if it's something like AKs or AQs. and yes i wish i would have put the monies in on the flop! was really strange, a few hands were going on at the other tables and somehow distracted me too much.

[ QUOTE ]
Bluffing the river against Mary was pretty spew. She check/calls a dry, drawless flop, so if she does that with mid-PPs, 8x, or weak queens, I don't mind a double barrel on turn if you can get her to fold, but as played I'm checking behind river as you aren't going to get hands except Ace-high that beat you to fold IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
i see. she kind of tricked me because her aggression was very high if i remember correctly, yet she check/called flop and checked turn.

[ QUOTE ]
Other than that, you play fairly well sir, hurrah Deutschland, du kannst meinen Puppenwagen jeden Tag fahren.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, actually i'm from switzerland and i have no clue what puppenwagen you are talking about [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

thank you very much for the comments!
Old 09-05-2007, 09:27 PM

will watch. what time (et) was it taken at?

how do you find 200nl compared to 100nl at party?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:58 PM

must be roughly 10:00am ET (+/- one hour)

i haven't played 100NL for quite some time, i would guess it's not as aggressive as 200NL.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:23 PM

ill go through as i watch

i think the AQ hand is fine and +EV. If that 69/20 donkey will call those light its even better. If not I quite like just flatting to leave him in there. It will get you in tougher spots, but it's more +EV i think. You're just trying to play as many hands with the donkey as possible. Good fold to the 4b you're obviously crushed there.

44 hand: id fold that pf because the limpers short and you're relative position isnt great, i dont think you're getting paid off that often there.

AK hand against donkey: flops fine and ill always raise those up and will only stop if im getting called, as played i hate the turn bet. The guys caling like 90% of the time, terrible card to do it on (i would give up on any card fwiw), good push on the river you luckbox [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

67s bvb: fine, but dont be afraid to flat there sometimes it can be more +EV.

34s: i suck against nits, but i think you have to get it in on this flop, you're only behind 99 he could easily have JJ+ (nits overplay big pair hands q. often i think) as played, turn fold is fine.

55 set: raise more on the flop, as played just push its a psb

AJo: played well

QQ hand: just bet the flop, the guys passive as played fine (im folding to a larger bet on the river though)

88: fine, betting the flop is fine too. As played I like.

AJo again: i usually cbet this flop

JJ: nice play, given thats hes agro

ATs: well played

QJs: nice play again, no value in river.

KTo: raise the min-bet to like 12

JJ: good fold

AJo: meh, just bet normally. This guy doesnt seem like the bluff raising type

KJo: i think you get looked up too often, will work against some players.

overall i think you've got a solid game, i cant see how you are a losing player at 200nl if you play like this every time.

Any other questions, feel free to pm me!
Old 09-06-2007, 01:56 PM

tyvm
that definitely helped me a lot!

probably i don't play like this every session.
i will now stick to four tables for a while (used to play 5 to 6) and really focus on playing solidly.
hopefully it will affect my results and i will actually win some money again.

to everybody: feel free to comment and criticize!
can never hear too many opinions
Old 09-06-2007, 05:54 PM

good video. that ak hand i'd probaly would have bet less on the river as played. when i was watching i was thinking don't insta push river he'll insta muck a queen.
that kj hand towards the end was a pretty hopeless bluff too i thought. I was pretty sure that guy was insta calling with queens good kicker.
the k10 hand i also had no clue what you were repping.
I am no expert though.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:14 PM

i guess yuo refer to the KT hand with Dasha?

i don't know what i was repping either, he just kept min-donk-betting wich i thought was weak enough to try a steal attempt. i probably should have done so already on the flop as soldier said. Dasha maybe thought i hit the flush on the turn? but he probably didn't think much at all ("i have bottom pair, toeswinger raises, now i have to fold, crap...") [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

he kept doing it, and my raises always won me the pot. it's like he was saying "i have nothing, please raise me and finish it here!"