Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Six tabling on Dell 2407WFP

[ QUOTE ]

so no need to go gungho people, not everyone plays on FTP/Stars/Party

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP does. Also, I didn't know there were 24" monitors in 4:3 ratio. What resolution would that be?

And yeah a 30" would be the best obviously, but the 24s are a lot more affordable. As for combining two 20" screens, I actually prefer slightly resizing 6 tables to fit on a 24" than playing 6 full-sized across two monitors. That setup requires too much head-swiveling for me.

My brother plays 6 resized tables on a 1440x900 19-inch, and it's quite a bit easier on the eyes than when I run six on my 1600x1200 Dell.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW Dave, are you still thinking about making an betpot script for AP?

[/ QUOTE ]

BetPot and StarsPlanner will be receiving Absolute enhancements within the next few days at most... took me a little while to figure out how to grab info from the abso client... done that now, just need to write the parser... easy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It really comes down to personal preference. If you can deal with the smaller resized tables, get the 24". If you prefer full sized tables like I do, get a 30" monitor. Or two 20" 1600x1200 monitors if you don't want to spend as much money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've considered the 30" as well, and the only problem with it (besides the price) is that it needs a dual-DVI graphics card. This wouldn't be so bad if I had another PCI-Express slot to run dual-graphics cards. Two Dual-DVI cards = 30" main screen + 20" (or even 2x 20" ?) screen rotated would be sick. But that would mean I'd need a new motherboard, and hence a new computer. I'm not that balla, so whatever.

Anyway, the 24" setup is 33% larger (in terms of total screen area) than my current 20" setup, so I'll have a think about cost-benefit (possibility of misclicking for a $400 pot lol).
Old 09-04-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

BTW Dave, are you still thinking about making an betpot script for AP?

[/ QUOTE ]

BetPot and StarsPlanner will be receiving Absolute enhancements within the next few days at most... took me a little while to figure out how to grab info from the abso client... done that now, just need to write the parser... easy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You rule so hard.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I bought a 2407WFP a few months ago after _dave_ recommended it to me and I don't like it as much as my previous setup of 2x 2001FPs. THANKS A LOT DAVE -- I'm kidding [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, sorry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

If I am not mistaken, that was in the Party days? I used to 12 table no worries on PTY with my 24", but 12 on Stars is horrible - I misread stacks all the time [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

2X20" is of course better than a single 24"... I do not remember knowing you were going to lose the twenties - I'd have kept them and run them either side of the 24" (my current setup)

Of course 30" is the nuts - If only they'd add one shipping to Europe in the Stars FPP store - lol racists [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:16 AM

Hi,

Hope it helps : this a screenshot of 9 tabling on my Dell 2407WFP (left screen, right screen is my old 19 LCD) :

9 tabling on stars

1920*1200 monitor is perfect for 9 tabling on site witch allows resize.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:12 AM

Thanks for the screengrab.

I am going to try having my Start/Task Bars on the left side like you do. It will take some getting used to, for sure. I think it will be more convenient, as most of my DTop shortcuts are on that edge of my screen too.