Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you actually think you are a winning player in flipaments?
Yes 62 36.90%
No 106 63.10%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Full ring world series?

Sounds like fun, I'd be up for it.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:43 PM

Yes, Stars. Seems to be the easiest place to make this happen.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like fun, I'd be up for it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-03-2007, 09:00 PM

I think you should wait til the WSOOP is over and hopefully by then we'll have the HU tourney finished.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:03 PM

These events would just be one time donkaments right? So you wouldn't have to play all of them if you didn't want to - but it would hurt your chances at winning the side bet which will based on your performance over all events? Is that right?

I would take out razz and only keep one stud game because stud is teh suck especially in tournaments. Instead of razz add something silly like 2-7 triple draw and/or NL 5 card draw. And make Omaha Hi/Lo pot limit.

I think each event should be min $5 buy in. Make the 'leaderboard' sidebet >= $10...winner take all ldo.

Maybe make the sidebet optional? It would encourage more entries in the donkaments from people who can't play all events.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:10 PM

Yea..

We are going to have to look at almost every event imaginable and have a vote on it. Obv. change the results to ones I like best :P
Old 09-03-2007, 09:45 PM

I love it. I did this hu with one of my friends and we played 11 games. Add stud8, 2-7td, and 5cd though please. We also did roshambo for fun. If you want to make it a true world series then you really need to play at least one variation of every game.

$10 should work so the micro guys can play and sidebets will also be fun. You could give points for everyone that plays and bonus points to the people that cash and win each event.

I'll help organize if you want, but lets just play everything so its a true WS. Otherwise there are going to be a ton of people that want some game included or another excluded and lets face it, nobody knows how to play TD anyways.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:48 PM

I don't post in FR forums much but I should because thats all I play. I would be down for $10-$25 buy-in. Anything to help me put more time into poker, and get more active on these boards.

I vote no Razz (also don't know how to play).. No pot limit HE event?
Old 09-03-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These events would just be one time donkaments right? So you wouldn't have to play all of them if you didn't want to - but it would hurt your chances at winning the side bet which will based on your performance over all events? Is that right?

I would take out razz and only keep one stud game because stud is teh suck especially in tournaments. Instead of razz add something silly like 2-7 triple draw and/or NL 5 card draw. And make Omaha Hi/Lo pot limit.

I think each event should be min $5 buy in. Make the 'leaderboard' sidebet >= $10...winner take all ldo.

Maybe make the sidebet optional? It would encourage more entries in the donkaments from people who can't play all events.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the idea of people playing for the overall championship, and not strictly concentrating on certain tournaments they're good at. Like I have no idea how to play these low games, and that makes this whole thing fun for me.

I just want the micro-ballas to be able to play this for fun too. But if people want to do $5/tourny, I'm fine wiht that.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should wait til the WSOOP is over and hopefully by then we'll have the HU tourney finished.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not in a rush, but comeon, the HU thing has been going for 3+ months.

I'm also partial to running this to coincide with the wcoop.