Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: AA, sick spot

[ QUOTE ]
A5, i think shoving is the worst possible play. AA is purely a bluff catcher here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the villain IMO. Some people will raise/call KK here even this deep, QQ not so much though. We don't have the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] either, so he can easily have the nut flush draw here.

Also, as villain I'm bluffing here with a pretty good frequency because I expect people to release so many hands here (this thread is a good example) this deep because they don't want to look like an idiot stacking off 250bbs deep with just an overpair.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A5, i think shoving is the worst possible play. AA is purely a bluff catcher here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the villain IMO. Some people will raise/call KK here even this deep, QQ not so much though. We don't have the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] either, so he can easily have the nut flush draw here.

Also, as villain I'm bluffing here with a pretty good frequency because I expect people to release so many hands here (this thread is a good example) this deep because they don't want to look like an idiot stacking off 250bbs deep with just an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's only 1 PSB left. Why not just call flop and call blank turn?
Old 09-03-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
because we beat nothing and he would be insane to do this with QQ, KK and if he shoves the turn it's almost never a bluff
Old 09-03-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
because we beat nothing and he would be insane to do this with QQ, KK and if he shoves the turn it's almost never a bluff

[/ QUOTE ]
Does villian really c/f turn with a draw? I don't really know. I just think saying shove or fold flop, when there aren't many hands in villian's calling range that we crush equity wise, means we should probably fold. I'm not sure the dead money in the pot is worth the risk here. If we have a hand thats near the top of our range, folding here seems sooo weak and exploitable.

Edit: Whoops, I just realized there was more dead money ($578) in the pot than I had previously thought. Villian would def call a shove here with draws, so shoving>folding>calling?
Old 09-03-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he c/r the flop for value with KK he is almost definitely betting a blank turn.

I just don't like calling the flop with the intention of folding to a turn bet. You'll be getting sick odds on the turn and villain could desperately shove a draw or an overplayed KK/QQ.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:56 PM

not a good fold
Old 09-03-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not a good fold

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Bobbo, I assume you call the flop raise then? Getting it in on a blank turn?
Old 09-03-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not a good fold

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Bobbo, I assume you call the flop raise then? Getting it in on a blank turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
not folding to all turns
probably would just shove it in though