Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 07:08 AM

Default Re: CO vs. BTN battles/RR-ed pots/PF stuff

lol, whos nolimitsolder? fluffpop? what does ISSCKM mean?
Old 09-03-2007, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, whos nolimitsolder? fluffpop? what does ISSCKM mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p291/fluffpop62/

and it means i'm EMOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 09-03-2007, 07:25 AM

shes hot, although i dont think orange will take it too kindly that were derailing this thread!

So I'd better add some other thoughts.. 32o has v. little value (obv) so 3b 32o is better then 22 because taking it down pf is awesome.

The 2 hands don't seem too far apart though I agree they play similarily on alot of flops, the difference is that 22 flops monsters far more often then 32o.

We are nearly always bluffing with 32o post flop when we play it so being the aggressor is better. We are certainly always bluffing pf because HU 32o has the worse equity pf, whereas 22 doesnt. So from just looking at pf equities 22>>32o

Also, if we flat 22 and someone 3b squeezes we might get odds to set mine.

bit jumbled up, but i suck at expressing my thoughts.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:38 AM

okay oaky oakay check ech ecech ehck it

people play absolutely terribly in 3 bet pots it's how noah, carrotsnake, aspoker <3 make so much money off the tagfish at 1/2

sorry if i am unleashing such radical thoughts into the minds of 15/12's everywhere

so anyway just 3 bet soem one like 4 times and they'll probalby bluff shove on u so u can clal with TT an dpirnt $$$ or they'll usually just check/fold every flop to u or check/call flp check/fold turn

i discussed this at length with my friend and basically 3 bet ppl infinite and exploit thtem

generally they will either c/f too much (most common mistake) or go super aggro bluffy OOP which is stsljta;slkjdtakljd KTHNXBAI!
Old 09-03-2007, 02:33 PM

Orange,

I too have been thinking about this spot quite a bit. What I think you are asking (or maybe it is what I hope you are asking, because I want some discussion going on the topic) is:

In what situations is it better too just call a raise and bluff-raise most flops, as opposed to reraising and making a cbet?

I would be very interested in hearing some thoughts on this. Personally, I have found calling and bluff-raising very effective, since people seem to give it somewhat more credit (yes!) than a reraise and a cbet (obv, you must have AK in those spots!). Obviously, the downside is that you allow villains weak preflop holding to catch a flop every now and then, whereas they might have folded preflop.