Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: TT in EP and 3-bet from BB

I put Vil on an over-pair and I dont think we are getting more than 1SB from SB if we call so I prefer a raise do disguise our strength.

Call 3-bet and raise turn.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:05 PM

I don't like to sp here. The call-raise line is too obvious and will scare opps. Rasie now an build the pot so they stay in drawing dead. BB could easily have an OP and reraise. U will be in the same blowing out the field postion on the turn. I think slow-playing misses a lot of value.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no one has mentioned the size of the pot. it isn't small.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very important factor. In a big pot like this LP will probably call a raise with OC's, any type of pair, gut-shots, basically a lot of their possible holdings. And no reason to let BB make a hand, since I would be very suprised if he folds.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:14 PM

I raise now and get the party going.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:16 PM

I like the slowplay here for all the reasons you mention. Only exception is if villains are so fishy they will call two cold.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:24 PM

Non-slowplayers: which ingredients do you change to slowplay here? Smaller pot? No pf 3-bettor? More/fewer villains? Can't be board texture...

Aaron I'm struggling to understand why the 3-bettor makes you less inclined to slowplay. Can you elaborate further?
Old 09-02-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Aaron I'm struggling to understand why the 3-bettor makes you less inclined to slowplay. Can you elaborate further?

[/ QUOTE ]

His range our holding and the mountain of chips we are about to win if we gas this.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:29 PM

crm, basically it means the pf 3bettor has a big hand and is gonna give a lot of action, so let's get him started on giving it now, and not call flop / raise turn which is the universal sign of a monster and will make him shut down on the turn and then we win less money.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
crm, basically it means the pf 3bettor has a big hand and is gonna give a lot of action, so let's get him started on giving it now, and not call flop / raise turn which is the universal sign of a monster and will make him shut down on the turn and then we win less money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah... well put. Tuck that away for later. You a Sox fan yet BBB?
Old 09-02-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't hate slowplaying here. But with strength shown from BB preflop, I'm hoping to play this in a way that I get excess action from a made strong hand instead of trying to get fancy to give someone a *CHANCE* to make a hand (that will simply be called down).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the reason that I posted this hand. I thought I may have got too fancy !

But, I also thought that it may be worthwhile getting possible overcalls from the other 2 loose players still in the hand on the flop.

This is what happened:

Flop: (12 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (12 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final verdict ?