Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: TPTK facing heat

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
C/c is the worse river line. Push or c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? C/C is the best line. What are we affraiding here? This Is the dryest board it gets. You played it good to river, which I think itīs close. He could also have QJ, but I probably pay him off, cuz he appears to bee not so great player.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has a Q or most other worse hands, he is checking behind a lot. So we lose value by checking. If he has 2pr/set/trips then we end up paying him off when he pushes.

Either push for value or c/f.

You should know your line before making your decision to check the river. Checking to delay the decision is pretty bad.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:34 AM

pushing actually seems pretty terrible, the only hand we lose value to most of the time is QT and it may well fold to a river push, especially since river is a 7. i'd c/c riv
Old 09-02-2007, 11:20 AM

i think you played it fine

i'd prob make it like 111 on the flop though. if he's raising top pair, i don't see why he'd then fold it for a small 3-bet. if he has [censored], you have no guarantee that he'll keep firing. he only has 75 bb so i'd just do my best to get the money in
Old 09-02-2007, 11:47 AM

You need to make a decision on the turn about whether to commit with this hand. If you don't CRAI turn you should c/f river. I would tend to fold river vs most players with those kind of stats, the board is dry as hell and this really looks like a milking line. He was passive in the last hand you mentioned and doesn't have very aggro stats, so what are you hoping he has here?
Old 09-02-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

villain is 19/12, but only 21 hands. in one hand a while ago villain overcalled my preflop raise with K8s, and then check/called the flop and river with 2nd pr on flop and 3rd pr on river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This + the fact that he bet 1/3 pot? This guy sucks. I'm not folding(edit: on the turn at least).