Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 09:06 AM

Default Re: 25NL video by ssnler

Thanks for the comments, I sorta knew that hand would get some discussion.

First off, as with all things in poker, you can't really make a general blanket statement such as "always double barrel an ace turn". I hope I didn't come out that way :P Rather my intention was to show when it would be a decent, logical opportunity to double barrel. It all comes down to your opponent's ranges and tendencies as discussed in the video. Of course, we'll be playing with a lot of unknowns most of the time so we won't have that information, so that's why I generally just prefer double barreling those sorts of spots, I just feel like overall they are pretty +EV because that's essentially the best card you'll ever want to 2nd barrel with on a very general basis.

I might've had a misconception about BvB play in 25nl though. Higher up, it becomes more loose and aggressive and tricky. Some villains like calling down 2 barrels with a weak pair because they think I'm on a bluff (well I usually am). Therefore I felt flopping top kicker in that situation gave me a very good hand. However, if BvB in general is played differently at these stakes, I can see why it might be confusing. So in that case it wasn't really much of a 2nd barrel (I mentioned it only to show that I most likely would 2nd barrel if I had a hand such as K7 with mid pair, because I think I might be able to fold him off a weak jack or 88 or something). Weaker flush draws and weaker pairs are still within his range, and those are the hands I want to be extracting against, if he had AdXd that would be very unfortunate, but there's not much I can do about that because an argument can be made that he could just as easily have a higher jack and whatnot.

I hope that clears some stuff up, it's 6 AM and I'm gonna go to sleep, I'll definitely make another video tomorrow (or this) afternoon, and hopefully it will be muchhh better and clearer. And thanks to nielso from SSNL I found out how to get my HUD stats captured as well, so I'll definitely have that displaying tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:32 AM

Blind stealing is very profitable at NL25 and it works more than one might think. I just always want "some" kind of a hand, I would not steal with T8. I think sometimes I play to much my own hand, rather than the players.

I'll check Realtime HUD, never heard of it, might be a good tip [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Regarding double barreling, I did not understand you that one should always use the A as a scare card and bet. But I think the concept is an important one that can get you some small pots here and there. I recently started to realize it and used it on some occasions, so I'm glad I saw an example of it in your video to illustrate. I think it is a concept that lots of micro stakes player do not take full advantage of. But always be sure to pick your spots.

And I agree with the other poster, I watch the movies because I want to see the standart playing style.

I'm looking forward to your next movie! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2007, 05:04 PM

sira, recognize your voice. did you make an mtt vid before?

also, where in socal?

thanks for the vid. more plz.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:34 PM

Thanks for taking the time to make the video. You ran well and played topnotch. Commentary was a plus for me, talking thru your thought process. Please make another vid as I am planning to make the jump to NL25 in the near future.

Thanks Again
Old 09-01-2007, 07:42 PM

Downloading now - SLOWLY.

Try and use Mediafire.com or MegaUpload.com next time. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I usually get much faster speeds from those sites, than I did from your download link.

Looking forward to watching it.......... when it finally downloads. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2007, 07:48 PM

If you just want to watch the video and not download it. Open up Windows Media Player, Go to File -> Open URL and enter thsi URL: [http://fs06n3.sendspace.com/dl/7c3e9...i25nldemo.wmv]

without the []
Hope that helps.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:52 PM

Thx, I know. I would rather be able to watch it at my convenience. It is only going at about 100 kB/s (my max is ~1,000 kB/s). I usually get more like 300-700 kB/s when I download other players videos, that are hosted on the other sites I mentioned.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:36 PM

zSHARE - best uploading site, unlimited speed downloads!
Old 09-01-2007, 09:43 PM

Got the second video up.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WZOCACUS

You'll have to enter the 3 digit code that it shows, then wait 45 seconds afterwards for the download link to be available for you. Hopefully it'll download fast though, but it's 289 megs this time because it's an .avi I think, so it'll still take a long time to download. If anyone wants me to make it a .wmv which will probably cut down the file size by 1/2 I can do that too.

Notes:
- Played 29/28 for the session, which was much looser than I was originally intending. As stated before, I clearly don't advocate opening up your range THAT loose. As I've said in the video somewhere, I think playing with nitty preflop stats is still profitable because there are just so many loose passive players at these stakes, however you definitely need to be learning how to open up your range as you move up and start facing other players who might be making plays light at you.
- Ran around 10ptbb/100 for near a buy in profit, so not bad I think despite all the weak spots.
- Video accidentally longer this time, clocking in at around 50 mins.
- Unfortunately I wasn't able to go in and outplay everyone, which wasn't what I was expecting anyway, but I did want to show more 3b pot situations but players/cards just didn't allow for it that much. Hope you guys still enjoy it though.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:17 AM

Sorry to be a pain in the [censored]. But I downloaded the 2nd video and can only hear the audio, not the video, WMP says I need some kinda codec. I tried installing DivX player, and same results. Anyway, can you covert it to the same format as the first? BTW, thanks for putting these together, I'm very new to all this, only play 2NL at 1 table, so watching you keep up with multiple tables, while giving thoughts and instruction is really cool to watch. Thanks for taking the time to make these!