Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: lying on a resume, is it ok?

Yes, it's lying. I don't think any elaboration is acceptable on a resume. But there's two types of people. Those who bend rules and ethics to make things happen and those who are honest.

If you know you can bring value to an employer, or if it's a leg up you need, then I'm ok with crossing that boundary. Provided you pay the debts you build up some time down the road.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: lying on a resume, is it ok?

[ QUOTE ]

There's also situations where I advise minor things that may be considered lies but which are harmless. For example, a guy I just got an offer for had a nightmare position several years ago that only lasted a month. He and I both agree that it's best left off. That's a lie, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not a lie. Its impossible to include everything on the resume, so unless you're super retarded you should know that a resume is only a subset of what a person has done.

There's a fine line between wording your resume to make your skills/experiences look really impressive and flat out lying.