Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 02:05 AM

Default Re: BLUE CHIP, INDIANA SUICIDE?

Actually alydom, you don't really know what your talking about.

The poker room (this incarnation of it anyway) has only been open since last october. No, the only chips BC poker room had available for tournaments were old ones with a differant logo, and they wanted new ones with the fresh logo on them.

What you think Four Winds started tournaments in this area? lol... That aside, BC poker room has been trying to get tourneys going since it opened, I know, because I have been there since then. Corporate politics along with IGC approvals don't happen overnight. We have been trying to do this since we started, but now we finally have a green light for it.

Same thing goes for the raked NL, we started with timed, but have been trying to get permission and IGC approval for raked NL, ALONG with badbeat jackpot on NL since last december.

As to whether or not raked NL vs. timed rake NL and which is the better deal, I guess that is just a matter of preferance. However, since the room opened, players have wanted a raked pot over time each half hour. So we have been pushing and trying for it since then. Now we are finally getting it.

*shrug* Think what you like...