Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 12:42 PM

Default Re: 200NL, i think i was checking to induce but now wtf?

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone else check this turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I might check the turn here because if you bet the turn then you need to shut down on the river. Firing all three streets here is spewy.

Checking controls the pot size and makes a non-diamond river an easy bet fold.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:43 PM

once you check i think you have to fold, i would bet/fold smallish though most times.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:43 PM

no reason to check this turn, chances of a draw are fairly likely and we can't lose value from that draw
Old 08-30-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really think this guy flopped a flush

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not easy to put him on a hand here, but if I had to guess, this would be it.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no reason to check this turn, chances of a draw are fairly likely and we can't lose value from that draw

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I just give villains too much credit. It seems really bad to be passively drawing to a flush w/ 3 diamonds already on the board.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:46 PM

Any chance he's made a boat on the turn? I might just call the flop here to keep the pot small in case another diamond comes, then just call again on the turn with my boat hoping someone has a flush draw, then you just push with the nut...getting called once in a while here is +EV!

I'd fold...unless he's a some kind of maniac who did similar moves before.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:52 PM

I dont use poketracker so I have no clue what the villain's stats mean. Against you're average player at this level I am never ever folding this river. Betting small and folding sucks. Block at least half the pot, people make moves on small blockers or value bets.

At this level I really believe you can almost tell people how to act. By checking the river we are telling him to take a stab at this pot. Again I cant read stats so maybe he is such a huge bitch that he would never pull a move like this, but even those guys bluff once in a while. So we ask him to bluff at the river and he does but we fold? I dont get the responses to this thread. I dont even care what the results of the hand were, I call this every time and it is profitable for me.

did it strike anyone that he could be valueshoving a queen with a crappier kicker? and dont tell me he would have raised with top pair to avoid a scarecard killing his action b/c the majority of people do not play good.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

did it strike anyone that he could be valueshoving a queen with a crappier kicker? and dont tell me he would have raised with top pair to avoid a scarecard killing his action b/c the majority of people do not play good.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's possible he could be shoving a queen w/ a crappy kicker, but that would be so so so bad. That would have to be a very tiny, almost negligble, portion of his range.

I think you would need to have seen villain do something similar in the past in order to assume he's capable of doing that here. We don't have such a read.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont use poketracker so I have no clue what the villain's stats mean. Against you're average player at this level I am never ever folding this river. Betting small and folding sucks. Block at least half the pot, people make moves on small blockers or value bets.

At this level I really believe you can almost tell people how to act. By checking the river we are telling him to take a stab at this pot. Again I cant read stats so maybe he is such a huge bitch that he would never pull a move like this, but even those guys bluff once in a while. So we ask him to bluff at the river and he does but we fold? I dont get the responses to this thread. I dont even care what the results of the hand were, I call this every time and it is profitable for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont know the stats on this guy but with the cards that have hit the felt it is burning money calling this. BURNING. At this level? You mean 200NL...bluffing in this spot is not a great move so I would guess he is ahead. What do you expect? An ace high flush draw miss? Because everything else hit except that. middle pr, str8, flush, boat. I would of bet a blocker on the end to see as check is showing too much weakness.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Dont know the stats on this guy but with the cards that have hit the felt it is burning money calling this. BURNING.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.