Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: (razz) Fold on 5th

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
showing us seat 4's action kills the ability of most of us to give you objective advice on 5th street, please do not post the results in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about that, but part of what I was wondering about was why that fold was there. I had put Seat 4 on made 8, which as has been discussed was probably not correct, so was curious what people thought the fold meant, as well as how I should have played it.

[/ QUOTE ]
It meant he didn't have a made 8. Probably not even a made hand just a draw to an 8, tho I have seen some very strange folds in this game. Why the lead bet then? He caught good on his board and bet; level 1/2 thinking.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
showing us seat 4's action kills the ability of most of us to give you objective advice on 5th street, please do not post the results in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about that, but part of what I was wondering about was why that fold was there. I had put Seat 4 on made 8, which as has been discussed was probably not correct, so was curious what people thought the fold meant, as well as how I should have played it.

[/ QUOTE ]
It meant he didn't have a made 8. Probably not even a made hand just a draw to an 8, tho I have seen some very strange folds in this game. Why the lead bet then? He caught good on his board and bet; level 1/2 thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously no made 8. But when the guy in the middle folds, would you peel one off if you were him and had a draw to an 8? I think a lot of players might, they aren't beat yet, even though they're behind and they just have to call one bet into a pretty good sized pot. If he bricks 6th and his opponent catches, pretty easy fold, otherwise he can go to the river and see.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:59 PM

he almost definitely had exactly 48 in the hole.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he almost definitely had exactly 48 in the hole.

[/ QUOTE ]FTW
Old 08-30-2007, 04:24 PM

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, who folds an 86 draw at those stakes in that spot?