Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: 3-bet pot....what purpose does my line fit best? [200NL]

[ QUOTE ]

1) 10 9o You should NEVER be playing this from the blinds, and 3 betting it is very LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[ QUOTE ]

2) Jh7h is also a hand that you should not be playing from the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[ QUOTE ]

3) Obv. you should ALWAYS be 3 betting AA from any position,

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 08-29-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I don't like that play w/ any of the hands that you listed.

[/ QUOTE ]

A yay or nay won't do. I want reasons [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) 10 9o is a garbage hand that is useful only for blind stealing from the CO or button. You should NEVER be playing this from the blinds, and 3 betting it is very LOL.

The flop line w/ this hand is just burning money: alot of it, and very quickly.

2) Jh7h is also a hand that you should not be playing from the blinds. The only difference between this hand and 10 9o is that the flop line w/ Jh7h burns money at a slightly slower rate.

3) Obv. you should ALWAYS be 3 betting AA from any position, but the flop line is very bad. No worse hands are calling, but better hands will fist pump, etc.

Actually, you will probably get looked up by AK b/c the flop line looks like a heart draw, but it is still suboptimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. 1. AA shouldnt 'ALWAYS' be 3bet. For metagame purposes, calling a PFR with it against a regular won't do you much harm.

2. I don't see too much wrong with c/r J7h allin on this flop.

3. %steal isnt a stat Ive used much but have been seeing it lately. Can someone give me an idea of exactly what it is and which %'s represent what?
Old 08-29-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, if you are going to 3 bet those two hands, then why not 3 bet EVERY hand? It's basically the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg head asplode

[/ QUOTE ]

Question: You 3 bet pre-flop from the blinds and get called. Do you really give a [censored] if you have 109o as opposed to 45o? I don't. Neither hand is strong enough to have value oop in a re-raised pot, imo.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have 109o as opposed to 45o? I don't. Neither hand is strong enough to have value oop in a re-raised pot, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

about to post a nice explanation here but decided this was better.

lol.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1) 10 9o You should NEVER be playing this from the blinds, and 3 betting it is very LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[ QUOTE ]

2) Jh7h is also a hand that you should not be playing from the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[ QUOTE ]

3) Obv. you should ALWAYS be 3 betting AA from any position,

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty [censored] insightful post.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, if you are going to 3 bet those two hands, then why not 3 bet EVERY hand? It's basically the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg head asplode

[/ QUOTE ]

Question: You 3 bet pre-flop from the blinds and get called. Do you really give a [censored] if you have 109o as opposed to 45o? I don't. Neither hand is strong enough to have value oop in a re-raised pot, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

saying that T9o and 54o have equal value when you 3b OOP vs a frequent opener is totally different from saying "why not 3bet every hand if we're gonna 3bet T9o"

i'd agree that if we're 3betting T9o it's not because T9o has an inherent value. you have a touch more value if he's going to be calling you with 77 and letting you get to showdown. but if i'm in a situation where i've decided that i'm 3betting T9o then yes, i'm probably in a situation where i would 3bet any similarly trashy hand.

even still, there are obviously times where 54o/T9o/72o are a 3bet but hands which are stronger are not a 3bet.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you have 109o as opposed to 45o? I don't. Neither hand is strong enough to have value oop in a re-raised pot, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

about to post a nice explanation here but decided this was better.

lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you are crushing villain's 3 bet calling range w/ these hands.

Also, it's probably very bad to suggest that it's good for people who play SSNL to be 3 betting these marginal hands from the blinds.

Maybe you can do it profitably, but people playing 100nl - 200nl absolutely do not need to put themselves in these positions. They, including myself, can barely [censored] maneuvre post flop to begin with.

I'm sure if all SSNL players started doing this that they would see their winrates increase by 1-3 ptbb/100!

Go troll some other thread please. K thx.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:49 PM

Ignoring preflop:

I think your line is fine for both the gut draw and the flush draw. I prefer leading with the Aces, but I don't hate this line at all. I was actually planning on writing a post about this type of situation...maybe I still will.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

omg head asplode

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

saying that T9o and 54o have equal value when you 3b OOP vs a frequent opener is totally different from saying "why not 3bet every hand if we're gonna 3bet T9o"

i'd agree that if we're 3betting T9o it's not because T9o has an inherent value. you have a touch more value if he's going to be calling you with 77 and letting you get to showdown. but if i'm in a situation where i've decided that i'm 3betting T9o then yes, i'm probably in a situation where i would 3bet any similarly trashy hand.

even still, there are obviously times where 54o/T9o/72o are a 3bet but hands which are stronger are not a 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pepper,

Seriously, thanks for not being a douchebag like Bukem.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. 1. AA shouldnt 'ALWAYS' be 3bet. For metagame purposes, calling a PFR with it against a regular won't do you much harm.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize this is SSNL, right? There aren't many metagame purposes served at NL100 and NL200 by calling pf w/ AA. You just lose EV on the hand.

Obv. it's still +EV to just call, but if you consider the times when a NL100-200 player is going to get themselves into trouble w/ this hand by letting a lot of players see the flop cheaply, then I think it is a clearly inferior line, ev wise, to 3 betting.

[ QUOTE ]

2. I don't see too much wrong with c/r J7h allin on this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't argue this point. 3 betting this hand and taking the flop line in the OP would not be the end of the world. But if a SSNL player NEVER played this from the blinds do you really think their winrate would go down? Or be even noticably affected?