Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Could Bodog have gotten a license ... Did they screw up ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would disagree. The U.S. government does not recognize the rights of Antigua, and have been ruled against by the WTO. There is no reason for BoDog to comply with this ruling. The US simply has no jurisdiction in this matter.

Worst case BoDog may never be able to regain the the ownership of bodog URL and have to make the newbodog.com perminant, but I see no way for the US to legally force payment of this money or lawsuit.

[/ QUOTE ]

The US government pretty much does whatever it wants.....including taking your chit if they want to. That's not a good thing for bodog.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not any kind of thing for bodog. I can sue bodog right now on an entirely made up story and collect 100 trillion dollars since their lawyers won't show up, either; it just won't make any difference because none of their money will ever hit a US bank and they (now) have no other assets here. I'd have to sue in Canada to enforce the judgment, and we all know that's not going to happen.

they screwed up by using a US registrar, so their domain name was properly subject to seizure by the other party as it is clearly a valuable asset. now they get to negotiate to get it back. but it has nothing to do with the US government in any way.