Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: $6.50 - TP in 4-way-limped pot

I open shove, checking and giving up a free card that beats you sucks balls when the pot represents half your stack. Any bet that isn't an open shove commits you, so go all in and hope to take it down.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:02 PM

I like a crai all in as well. A lot of the time, one of the guys behind you will fire a very high % of the time and allows them to put money in the pot with a worse hand. If they have a better Q, gg, fire up a new one.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:09 PM

I vote for a shove. Depending on the bet, some villains will feel committed to calling your CRAI with hands that beat us that they might fold to a shove.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:21 PM

8 BB, TPMK = get it in
Old 08-29-2007, 03:35 PM

I vote for shove and I do it before anyone gets a chance to see the flop.

No one has shown any strength after limper so we can rule out any hand that will be killing us here. As usual OP gave no read on orginal limper so we do not know if its out of line or not.
If he calls with a monster make a note. If anyone makes a hero call make a note then we you will have reads when we suck out on them.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I vote for a shove. Depending on the bet, some villains will feel committed to calling your CRAI with hands that beat us that they might fold to a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one is going to fold a Q in a 6.5 if you open push this, just crai and hope they put some dead money out there.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:56 PM

I actually don't like the CRAI with so many players...if someone bets ~ 1/2 pot and there is a caller, CRAI actually gives the draws correct odds to call with 2 cards to come (assuming they then check down for free cards, which may or may not occur at this level, but likely will NOT occur if someone hits...not that it matters to the hero as he will have lost for sure). I think this is either a check to see what happens and a shove on the Turn if no one bets anything significant, a CRAI ONLY if there is 1 bet prior to hero's turn again, or an open shove. As this hand has a couple of people who are interested, I don't think there are significant odds the hero is only going to face 1 bet, so I think the open shove with an eye to increasing the stack by 50% is the best solution.

Fammy
Old 08-30-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

No one has shown any strength after limper so we can rule out any hand that will be killing us here. As usual OP gave no read on orginal limper so we do not know if its out of line or not.
If he calls with a monster make a note. If anyone makes a hero call make a note then we you will have reads when we suck out on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought about this pushing preflop too, but the limpers dont fold enough of their hands to make profitable imho.

Also its a $6.5, so the limpers are usually weak players, and will most likely have some weak hand that looks good to them.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought about this pushing preflop too, but the limpers dont fold enough of their hands to make profitable imho.

Also its a $6.5, so the limpers are usually weak players, and will most likely have some weak hand that looks good to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do u think you will be called and by what type of hands ?
Old 08-30-2007, 11:16 AM

Pretty often by hands they like to limp and call an allin which looks like a steal so like 66 AT A9s KQs QJs

I've seen it often: CO limping QJs and INSTA-call a push from the blinds