Default Re: How weak tight is this? tptk 3 bet pot

What if I'm left-handed?
Old 08-29-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What if I'm left-handed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sinister [adj. SIN-i-ster]
This is a followup to yesterday's "ambidextrous". Sinister means evil or containing an evil threat. A person can be sinister or have sinister plans.
This word has a surprising origin -- "sinister" is the Latin word for "left". Throughout history, many people considered the left side to be evil or unlucky (in Latin, "sinister" also meant unlucky), and the right side to be good. Left-handedness itself was considered a malady, and until recently it was common for teachers to require left-handed children to use their right hands in an effort to "cure" them.
Similarly, in English the word right -- meaning right side -- is the same as the word right -- meaning correct or fitting, as in "right answer" and "legal right." This is also true in many other languages; examples include French (droit), Spanish (derecho), and Russian (pravo).
Old 08-29-2007, 02:50 AM

lol so im not right. i get it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 02:56 AM

Lefties are weirdos. I saw a lefty on the street the other day and I was like "OMG look at that FREAK everyone - let's throw rocks at him!".

fwiw I think JT and baby heart SCs are a bit optimistic for a 19/15 to be flat calling a 3bet oop with, given history.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you betting the flop if you're folding to his C/R?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fear of a check raise should not stop me from trying to extract value from worse hands or winning the money that is already in the pot.

Also, since he can't have the ace of hearts, he would have needed to call my 3 bet pretty light in order to have a draw here. If he's been paying attention to me, then he shouldn't be doing this. However, I don't know that he's paying attention.

Furthermore, he should be giving me credit for having hit this flop b/c of my tight image w/ respect to 3 betting. He should also expect to have very little fold equity here for the same reasons.

I think he has AA, KK or QQ. That's a pretty narrow range of hands, but they make the most sense.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:57 AM

Good fold. He doesn't have a NFD and has you beat very often here.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:05 AM

If you're going to fold to a c/r then just check the flop.

How often do villains c/c out of position on this flop?!

Exactly [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you betting the flop if you're folding to his C/R?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fear of a check raise should not stop me from trying to extract value from worse hands or winning the money that is already in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
What range did you put him on again? What worse hands do you think he'll call with?

[ QUOTE ]
Also, since he can't have the ace of hearts, he would have needed to call my 3 bet pretty light in order to have a draw here. If he's been paying attention to me, then he shouldn't be doing this. However, I don't know that he's paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your Ah doesn't change much (besides giving you the backdoor NFD). I think a 19/15 is much more likely to have 76s than Axs on that kind of spot.

[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, he should be giving me credit for having hit this flop b/c of my tight image w/ respect to 3 betting. He should also expect to have very little fold equity here for the same reasons.

I think he has AA, KK or QQ. That's a pretty narrow range of hands, but they make the most sense.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you put him on that tight range, you have no business betting that flop. Check behind and keep the pot small or hit your backdoor flush.

If you think he could have a draw (as I expect), bet/call the flop.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:57 AM

This really sucks. You can check this flop, but if you are going to bet this flop its clearly for value and you must absolutely stack off here once you bet it. Its co vs btn.

also don't raise so much pre, he won't have even close to implied odds as long as you have a good range.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you put him on that tight range, you have no business betting that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The QQ+ range was estimated _after_ opponent's all-in raise. As to the original question, no idea really, sorry, flip a coin? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]